Sunday, July 1, 2012

GRANDDAUGHTER MEGAN'S WEDDING


Posted by PicasaHere is my beautiful granddaughter Megan and her Mother Gina and Father Tony.
Megan was married to Shannon Caudill on June 16th. The wedding took place in Eureka Springs Ark. This town is known as the wedding capitol of the south. It is a lovely town set deep in the Ozark mountains.
All that attended had an amazing time. I wish I could have been there also. 
I have many photo's at this point but not the ones from the photographer. When those do become availbe I will post a few on the blog. I would imagine though that they will posted on FB.


Megan was my first born granddaughter. She is my daughters oldest child.
There were many there at the hospital waiting the arrival of this baby. Her mommy Gina of course was there and her daddy Tony and her two grandma's. Myself and Tony's mother Nancy.
What makes it grand is that Nancy and I were school chums and there we were now so many years later pressing up against the delivery room door to hear that first cry from our first granddaughter. When we heard her soft little cry and yes it was soft. We held one another and tears filled our eyes. What a moment.
What a little doll she was. I know I am her grammy and I know I am prejudiced but she was so so cute. A load of dark hair, olive complexion and chubby body. Her face held the tiniest nose and big dark almond eyes and rosebud lips. 
Her hip was dislocated while she was being born so the way to rectify that was keeping her in triple diapers. In time her hip would heal in the right position.  So for several weeks her little chubby legs stuck out from the sides of her body. Also the first few days of her life she had a little heart murmur. Gina had a heart monitor which we attached to Megan every night. Well no one got any sleep because if she barely moved it went off. Everyone would be racing to the nursery in a panic. So after a few nights we decided to not put it on her. All was well and we all slept much better including Megan. Though as everyone knows there is no rest for anyone with a newborn in the house.  


Megan has been beautiful her whole life on the inside as well as the outside. There are many things about Megan that remind me of my Mother. Her tender voice, her sweetness and her manner.
I truly wish we could see her more often. She lives in Topeka Kansas as that is where her hubby is from, his relatives live there. So off she went about 4-5 years ago. She works for a technology company there and they recently bought their first home. So it looks as if she is staying. We her family here had hoped she would be back in the NW area at some point. Also she lives right in the tornado alley. Thankfully their new home has a basement. That relieves us somewhat.........but still we worry.


I will post more photo's from time to time of sweet Megan.
Now it is time for me to enjoy my Sunday.
Unlike the searing heat in the rest of country breaking all records we are cool here in Eugene. We have heavy mist today. I am hoping for a chance to walk later today so bring on the sun.


Tomorrow I have a gal pal arriving from Central Oregon. We will go to lunch and do whatever else grabs us. Two gals out on the town; really two older women out on a Monday afternoon. Not to exciting when you put it that way. But we will enjoy our time together we always do we have been friends since I was twenty one now that is a long, long time. We certainly never run out of chatter.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment