Thursday, July 26, 2012

MY GRANDDAUGHTER'S WEDDING


Posted by PicasaMore photo's of my precious granddaughter Megan.
There are so many wedding photo's but I choose these four for the blog. They show her spirit and her happiness.
I posted on a previous blog about Megan and Shannon's marriage.


Tonight in Zo's Kitchen I am preparing a polenta sausage bake. This is my own creation and it very good.
I took the remainder of my last years garden tomatoes out of the freezer this morning and will make the sauce with those. I am going to thaw them and cook them down slowly with onions, garlic and fresh herbs and spices. Then I will let the mixture cool down and put into the blender and process until smooth. This a layered casserole with polenta slices, various peppers, sliced kielbasa with marinara sauce and Italian cheeses. I will take a photo tonight and post the recipe tomorrow. I am going to check back as I may have already blogged about this dish.


Hubby and I had a fun afternoon yesterday. The first stop did not turn out well however.  I was hungry for Chinese food so went to a place that was recommend by my hubby's sis and husband.
We should have left the minute we walked in. The place was dirty. There were stains on the carpet and the ceiling tiles were moldy and water stained, the window were dirty etc. There was only one other couple in there. With all that showing itself we should have ran back to the car.  But no, we thought as it was recommend hopefully it will be tasty fare.
When our food came I could not believe what I saw on my plate. My chow mien looked like a pile of limp garbage. gooey and thick pan fried noodles that were discolored at the edges. The vegetables which consisted of celery and onion was faded and wilted and slimy. I looked at the fried rice that had nothing in it whatsoever. It was instant brown rice puffed and gluey. The sweet and sour pork was big chunks of greasy fried pork or at least there was suppose to be pork in that fried mess. Hubby's dish was just as awful and his steamed rice was instant also.
I immediately found our server which not hard as she was the only one there. I told I could not eat a thing on my plate. She said I understand. Seems she had heard this before. Hubby picked away at his until he could not take another bite of that gray thin brown juice which was suppose to be the sauce for his so called Mongolian beef. What a nightmare that place was and I will make on a comment on google reviews about it later today.
So onward with our afternoon. Still hungry we wandered to another part of city which we enjoy. We stopped for another drink and went across the street to one of my fave places. The food was good, the service was wonderful and the drinks were cheap as it was happy hour. We totally enjoyed ourselves. 
We came home sat in the last of the sun on the deck and then came in and watched a movie. A interesting day for sure.


Today we woke to morning clouds and they are still lingering hovering low. They will burn off though as it is to be mid eighties again today.
My agenda today is easy. Tidy the house, take a walk before it gets hot. Do laundry and that is it!!!!


Have a great day today.  It is Thursday so if you are working folk your week is about through and you have the weekend to look forward to. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment