Sunday, July 29, 2012

NEICE BROOKE ON MISSION IN UGANDA


Posted by PicasaHere is Brooke in here element. I hope this gal stays safe and healthy. I just read in this mornings paper about an Ebola outbreak in western Uganda. You take these risks when you travel to third world countries. Brooke is traveling with Global Expeditions. She is a darling girl and loves children. So at this point in time we have one niece in Germany and one in Africa.


Yesterday was our niece Sarah's 22nd birthday. She is teaching at a British Army base this summer in Germany. This weekend she went with a friend to Brussels to celebrate her birthday. She posted on FB that she spent her 20th birthday in Germany and France. Her 21st birthday in Italy and now her 22nd birthday in Belgium. Way to go Sarah! Could I please stow away in her large suitcase?


We had a nice evening last night. Sarah's parents came for a casual dinner. I just made Trader Joe's turkey burgers so simple and yummy. You just put these quarter pound tasty gems right on the grill frozen. I like to brush them with 5 spice marinade. I made the famous In and Out burger sauce then we added all the usual items. They wound up being fat big juicy turkey burgers. Nothing dry about this patty!
The beans I threw together turned out quite amazing. I only had one small size can of Bush Baked beans. So I added a can of drained and rinsed red beans, some bbq sauce and some of my homemade Russian dressing. Wow! who would have ever thought? Hubby's sis adored them said they were the best ever. Well that makes me wonder if I should bother with scratch baked beans as usual.
Anyhow for a last minute get together it all turned out yummy.


It is gray now and may be so all day. Cloudy seems to be the venue for the next few days. Oh well do not mind that much but do want heat in the garden to get those tomaotes ripening. Our plants are huge but the tomatoes are still green. However it is early yet they will be ready like last year the end of August or first part of September as we did not get them planted till late due to the chilly wet weather.


Tonight we are dining on stir fry. I am making a big wok full of farm stand veggies. I am making a sauce with toasted sesame oil and other ingredients. You can serve this with spaghetti noodles like a lo mien or serve over sticky rice. We are going to have rice tonight as we are hungry for it. I will take few photo's and post the sauce recipe tomorrow.


I do want to walk this morning so I had best get those walking shoes on and get out the door. I like Sunday's. Hubby is going to get his tools and equipment ready for his job starting tomorrow. I need to take care of a few small things and that it is. A relaxing day of watching the Olympic's. We do not watch every event as we have certain favorites.


Till later.











No comments:

Post a Comment