Thursday, July 12, 2012

STRAWBERRY JAM


Posted by PicasaYes it is time for strawberry jam. Love this time of year. The farms are finishing up with the strawberries but there are raspberries and soon there will be other offereings. All the fruits and veggies look so bright and pleasing. Unlike the grocery stores. the last head of lettuce I bought in a grocery store was so pale and cold storage tasting I tossed it. Thank goodness for the farms.


It is  a little cooler here this morning. I have both doors open to the screen doors. The fresh morning air is a blessing. 


This morning early I am going to wash and wax my car. I did not get that done yesterday as I started reading and could not leave my new intriguing book. It is disgusting I know to procrastinate but I am a whiz at that. So the car gets tended this morning.


Hubby has made his hot pickles with peppers and garlic. Curious to see how they turn out in a week or so. Which reminds me I must get my pickles made soon and also about 12 pints of zucchini relish. I am making plenty this year as I love to give jars to those that enjoy it so. It truly is the best recipe it is wonderful on burgers of all varieties and dogs, sandwiches, and a spoonful over the top of pork or beef is a delightful addition. So I will be busy in my kitchen any day now.


We have been talking and we are going to make some changes to Zo's Kitchen in the future.
At this point we do have granite squares on our counter top but we desire to have solid surface brown and black granite. We want to replace our white sink to a composite black sink with a new upscale faucet.
We will put in a new back splash we are not certain at this point what that will be we have several idea's. Also hubby is going to refinish the cabinets give them a sand and new coat of finish. Our older microwave will be replaced and we will give the walls a fresh coat of paint. So that will take place this winter as money allows. It is quite exciting to think about.


Well I really have no more chatter and I must get on with this lovely summer day.
Have a good day also.





No comments:

Post a Comment