Friday, July 6, 2012

PICKLE TIME


Posted by PicasaYes it is pickle time again.
Hubby and I were talking yesterday and he is going to make hot pickles and I am going to make sweet dills. Then also I am going to pickle some veggies with a few mild to hot peppers thrown in the mix. So we are looking forward to those treats.


I am so loving this weather. Summer is here it seems and it is heating up. 
I sent a message to my granddaughter Megan in Topeka Kansas it is to be well over a hundred there today. The humidity in that part of country is always high so it will feel even hotter. I forgot to ask Megan if her new home has air conditioning I surely hope so.


We had a nice evening meal last night. It was hubby's birthday. So I fixed a half grilled chicken, made potato salad, baked beans and also fresh green beans from the farm. I drizzled olive oil over the green beans and sprinkled them salt and pepper and put into a double foil packet and placed on the grill the last half hour while the chicken grilled.
You want to put the packet on a med high grill about 350 is enough. Turn them frequently. They come out a little browned around the edges and the flavor is condensed like if you roasted them in the oven. They are really yummy.


We had an enjoyable 4th. Out for lunch and then spent the late afternoon and evening with family. Street fireworks of course. This year it was quite a show like a real fireworks display. Staying up late does wear me out though this gal needs her sleep.


I walked early this morning. There was still a bit of the night chill in the air. I like getting that walk over early in summer.


No news so I will leave you and do a few chores. Hubby is working so the house is quiet. I like that.
Ciao







No comments:

Post a Comment