Sunday, July 8, 2012

PORK JAMBALAYA


Posted by PicasaWhat a great dish this is. So full of flavor.
This is what I did.
In the bottom on my slow cooker I put a half chopped onion, three celery ribs sliced, 1/2 mild pepper sliced and one jalapeno pepper sliced and one large clove of garlic chopped.
On top of these ingredients I put in cubed pork(use shoulder or country rib meat)  about a pound or so seasoned it well with kosher salt, pepper,cumin and paprika. I then added a can of diced tomatoes with their juices and about a 1/4 cup of chicken broth. This cooked on high heat for about four hours I then turned it to low and cooked it another couple of hours.
I made a large pot of rice and mounded the rice into deep bowls and ladled on the jambalaya.
Hot crusty filone bread to the side for dredging up all the juices was all that was needed.
Bon Appe'tit.


It is a grand Sunday. We woke to heat. I have the air going but keep to temp at 75 degrees I can handle that. I was just out to give the plants on the deck some water, they were very thankful they looked all droopy and were happy to be perked up.


I was out early this Sunday morning. I was at the grocery store almost by myself, then over to Walmart same thing. Back home quickly, no traffic. It is a good time to go but I usually like to laze on Sunday morning. You know three cups of coffee while reading the Sunday paper slowly. But we had to roll out of bed early as hubby is working so I just went into overdrive gave myself a quick jump start with the caffeine and was out the door.


Hubby will be home in about three hours and I am now going to plop in my chair and have a bite to eat and read my latest novel. It is a OK read but nothing special. But after such a busy morning I feel like relaxing a bit.


Have a fun Sunday!










No comments:

Post a Comment