Saturday, July 28, 2012

STAR JASMINE ON OUR DECK


Posted by PicasaThis is our star jasmine on the back deck railing. It has grown so much this year and is to vibrant and the smell is just intoxicating. Lovely.


It is gray this morning though the sky will be blue shortly. Seems that coastal mode is upon once again. But today it to be eighty I feel that is just about perfect for me.


I have a few extra things I want to do in the house this morning after my walk. I need to trim back and fertilize some house plants that need attention. Wash the inside of the living room and kitchen windows and clean our hardwood floors in the main living area's. Then the rest of the day is mine to enjoy.


We are having guests for dinner tonight. We will just grill. I am making turkey burgers with the works and baked beans and corn on the cob. I do wish I had one last jar of zucchini relish to put on those turkey burgers. But I left the last jar with my brother who told me yesterday he is so enjoying it. So that is a good thing. I must get more made and soon.


I went yesterday morning and picked up much needed items at a couple of places. The traffic was deplorable even early. Does no one work on Friday's?  Friday is a dreadful day to get around in this city. Anyhow happy to say that chore is done.


Well I for one was disappointed in the opening ceremonies for the Olympics last night. Of course the last summer Olympics in Beijing was amazing such a spectacle no one could follow that. I just felt last nights affair lacked luster and any excitement at all. So now the games have begun. It is always interesting to watch the athlete's. I for one do not have an athletic bone in my body. For as long as I  remember I really had no interest in sports. I suppose one knows early whether they have a inkling for that or not. I remember I was a cheerleader at our little grammar school. I was horrid. So uncoordinated it seems. I never felt comfortable doing such things. Now add music and I can dance up a storm but that is a different venue. I am musical, artistic and creative but not athletic. So we all have our own special gifts.


I must get on with my day now as it is slip sliding away.
Do have a lovely Saturday. There are not many weekends left in summer now. Soon it will be autumn and the leaves will change and drop and the rain will come..........right now I do not want those thoughts.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment