Thursday, August 30, 2012

CABIN IN THE WOODS

Now this is very strange indeed another computer hiccup.
I cannot download photo's now in my easy to do format for this blog. Now to get a photo here it is a complicated procedure. Go figure? Why did things change? Sometimes I want to pull my hair out(but I will not as it is already thin).

So this photo after it finally appeared is the cabin we will be staying in while spending time at Crescent Lake.
It is larger than it appears and is perfect for two couples. One bedroom downstairs and a bedroom in the upstairs loft. A large kitchen loaded with amenities and adjacent dining room and good size sitting room. Best of all a covered porch  equipped with a nice size gas grill, table and four chairs. 
My daughter and her fiancee Doug will be joining us. We will spend the days at the lake and evenings playing games on the porch while grilling.
I certainly hope that all sign of mosquito's will be gone by the time we go. It is high country and cold at night so we are thinking that will be the case. The West Nile Virus is lurking about this year and they expect more cases before summers end.
Now mind you this area we are going to is known for the 'carry you away' size mosquito's. However they are more prominent in July and August than September. Regardless the bug spray will go along......just in case.

We are attending a wedding this weekend for our niece Holland. She is my husbands older brothers daughter. Seems she was just a little tot tagging along after her older brother. She is a very sweet gal and we wish her and her hubby much happiness.

It is another summer/autumn tinged day. Deep blue skies, warming sun and a small breeze of autumns breath. We were almost chilly this morning as we crawled from our nest. I slipped into my fuzzy slippers instead of my flip flops.

Tonight in our kitchen or I should say out on the deck I am preparing grilled prawns, onions, peppers and zucchini in the grill basket on the grill. The prawns are now marinating in Trader Joe's "Soyaki". We like this sauce. It is a combo of soy, teriyaki and ginger and few other interesting ingredients. I will serve this concoction over sticky rice and have a romaine salad with honey Dijon dressing. A simple but tasty summer meal.

I need to start the second stage of zucchini relish making at this time. Yesterday all the vegetables were diced and shredded. I added kosher salt to them and they spent the night hanging out in fridge. So now I will rinse them well and drain put them in a large pot and add the other ingredients, cook for a half hour and ladle into jars. This batch will make four and a half pints. Then I am done with relish I made a total of twelve pints this season.

So I best get on with my day many more things to accomplish before the day comes to a close and it is my time to plop in my chair and read a few pages.
Ciao

   


No comments:

Post a Comment