Wednesday, February 6, 2013

FINALLY THROUGH SHOPPING !

Finally I am through online shopping! I have spent the last few days deciding on what I want. So to the other items I have already mentioned I added a leather cuff bracelet and a green chefs apron. My poor old black chefs apron is a rag at this this point. That apron has had many good trips to the stove. 
I also ordered some needed sheets for our king bed. King sheets are expensive. I found through Amazon a closeout on a 1500 thread count king set which includes king pillow cases they are in a deep cream color. Now if you can imagine these sheets regularly sold for $300.00. Yes it's true. When you get to that high of thread count that is what you pay. I got them for $25.00 they were the last pair on close out! Happy, happy! They came yesterday and they feel like silky cashmere. They are so incredibly soft and they will wear for years with that high thread count. I cannot wait to wash them and get them on our bed. It will be a luxurious experience.
So I am shopped out for a while.

I made a delish recipe last night. It is called. White wine coq au vin. Now usually coq au vin is made with red wine and it is equally as good but this is lighter version and we loved it.(large print here again cannot figure this out)
Now if any of you want this recipe just message me at the end of the post and I will send it off to you. I hesitate to type it up now as it is quite long.
But let me just say that it consisted of chopped chicken thighs, white wine, carrots, celery, onion, chicken broth fresh italian parsley and tarragon, herbs of provence and a few other little ingredients.  I served it over rice and it was silky, aromatic and so tender and creamy.
I just had the leftovers for lunch and hummed all over again.

All the February birthdays are upon us once more. My children, hubby's mother and three nieces and one nephew.  So the cards started going out today. It is odd how we in this family have the abundance of birthdays in February, May and October. Just those three months. Well I suppose it keeps it simple as far as remembering everyone.

We have a decent day here today as it was yesterday and this past Sunday was amazing. We had 61 degrees on the deck I really did detect a hint of spring in the air. The birds were crazy with happiness and everyone it seemed was outdoors trying to do something. But we all know there is a while yet before spring so not much one can do in the yard etc. I was lighthearted as I walked feeling the warmth of the sun on my face. A special day for February.

I am going to finish this blog now and get on with my chores that I have not finished.Then off for my walk today. I have been walking every other day as I have been plagued with shin splints.
Tomorrow hubby will be home and we are off for a lunch date. He said, lets think of somewhere different to go.....oh dear I always stress over that. I prefer my regular places where I know the food and service are to my liking. But I will try to come up with something.

Have a nice hump day.
Adios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment