Sunday, February 17, 2013

WINTER SUNSET LAST NIGHT


Posted by PicasaThe sunset from the back deck last night was quite beautiful. It was a strange evening with big breaks of sky and huge clouds that finally melted together at sunset.

I am making french bread today with my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Have not tried bread yet with the mixer but I did make pizza dough and it turned our perfect and was so easy.
The reason for the french bread is that we have spaghetti left from last evening so we will dine on that again tonight with the added addition of home made bread to make the meal more special.
We lamented last night as we ate the spaghetti with the heirloom tomatoes from our garden that it was a our next to last jar. We decided right then and there that this spring our entire garden except for some Walla walla onion plants will be tomatoes. We have no fear of not being able to use them all as when they ripen I will make sauce. So we will have plenty for eating and many for sauce. I do not like being short on sauce when there are still six months before tomaotes will be on the vines again.

My daughter and her fiancee Doug are in a incredible condo at Lincoln City. She sent pictures this place looks like somewhere I would want to live. All commercial high end stainless steel appliance in a huge kitchen, river rock fireplace, two huge bedrooms with windows floor to ceiling. Big screens in all the rooms, hot tub on the pexiglass deck......looking right to the ocean.  Looks like a bit of heaven. They are there for three nights and have lucked out the weather thus far. The name of the condo's is Pacific Winds in case you care to check it out.
So good for Gina and Doug a celebration of their duel birthday's and Valentines all rolled into one.

My hubby said to me a couple of days ago that we needed a little escape somewhere as my trip to my brothers is cancelled and his schedule is flexible at this point. But where to go? I really do not like going to the coast if I cannot get out on the beach and walk and the upcoming weather does not look hopeful for that. We thought of Belknap Springs but truthfully we use our hot tub here at home regularly so the lure of Belknap is not strong. We could go to Bend but then there is always the pass to contend with and that makes us anxious as this time of year we can get a big snowfall in the mountains.  So we keep trying to come up with ideas. We even thought of Seven Feathers by Roseburg but with our Reno trip coming up we would rather save our dollars for that. So here we are wanting to go somewhere with no where to go. We will keep thinking on it maybe something will come to mind.

Sunday today my favorite day. I am home alone and I doing nothing it seems. Just a lazy gal today as usual on Sunday's. The fog is burning off,  it is getting brighter and steam is lifting off the streets so I am hoping for a nice walk this afternoon. I see on my last recent walks that crocus are showing themselves. Always such a thrill to see the crocus and daffodils sprouting. 
For the rest of the day I will make bread, listen to music and read. Then come tomorrow I am into the tax business.
I need a cup of hot tea now and a piece of grainy bread with butter and honey. I love that!
Ciao






No comments:

Post a Comment