Saturday, February 16, 2013

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE CAKE ON CARAMEL CRUST


Posted by PicasaWe always adore eating this little cake so big on flavor. A large dollop of fresh whipped cream makes it a grand desert.

I fixed a simple dinner last night of scalloped potatoes and ham. It is simple but it does take a while to make. I used my new mandoline slicer that way all the potatoes are sliced exactly the same. Then I chopped ham and onions and set aside. I used our 8x11 casserole dish, buttered it and laid in the potatoes ham and onion.
Next I made my white sauce with seasoning and poured this rich creamy sauce over the top of all. Then I covered the top with a combo of shredded cheddar cheese and italian shredded cheese. Bake in a hot oven 435 for approximately 45 minutes or until the cheese is starting to crisp and the potatoes tender.
Using the mandoline cuts down on the baking time if the potatoes are thin sliced.
Hubby had a nice wedge of these potatoes this morning with his egg, a satisfying little breakfast.

Tonight for dinner I am making pasta. I have not decided what yet but am hungry for it and I still have  the good tomato sauce from our tomatoes in the freezer.

It is cloudy here today once more. Yesterday the fog never lifted so it was grim and gloomy all day. At least today it is clouds and we are to have showers. The forecast does not look good for the next week.
I have cancelled my trip to see my brother. We wanted some decent weather while at the lake. So I will make it work in March when we get a few days of sun. Hopefully there will be some.

Now that I am not making my little trip I will start on the taxes this coming week. I must get all ready for the accountant and that is a big job. Even though I am organized throughout the year it does take time to account for every little receipt. I am normally sequestered in this office plowing through paperwork for about three days.

So it is Saturday and no husband till late tonight. I feel a little tired today so will not try to accomplish to many things. I do have a few idea's for the day so I will leave you now and tend to them.
Have a lovely weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment