Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MOUTH WATERING


Posted by PicasaI cannot wait till the farmers market opens in a couple of months. I am so tired of grizzly looking vegetables and fruits at the stores. Everything I look  to buy either has fuzzy roots sprouting, or it's brown and spotted , wilted and disgusting. All the apples  taste like cold storage. The only thing I have purchased of late that is delicious is oranges. I bought a large bag at a good price and they are sweet, juicy and surprisingly fresh.  Asparagus will soon be in the grocery stores and that is always something to look forward to. I buy it every week while it is on. We adore asparagus I put it into to so many dishes as well just eating it on it's own.

I ran errands this morning and went to Walmart. I really do not like going to Walmart but go for the same items every month. I must admit on the items that I buy there it is a much better value. So that is the lure. One good find today was "Dave's Killer bread" for $2.50 a loaf!  Unheard of! When I got home I was starving as I do not eat in the mornings so I grabbed a piece of that Dave's bread and put together in short order a half of turkey and sweet pickle sammie with lots of mayo and black pepper. Always one of my favorites.

I just received word from Amazon that my purse is probably lost. I had checked this morning to see where it was as it has not been delivered and was to be here no later than the 15th. So it appears I have no purse coming and they have credited my account. I really liked it but now I think I will go to TJ Max where I normally get my purses and check out what they have.  It was a little disappointing but hey life goes on.. ....with or without a green handbag.

I made my honey a pot of chicken veggie soup last night for dinner as he has a cold. It certainly tasted good to him and there is enough left over so he can repeat tonight.  He is working alone in a house as the folks are on holiday so that is good he is not exposing anyone.......other than me. So far so good.

Only nine more days in February, well it is the shortest month of the year but it seems to have whipped by extremely fast for which I am glad. Now to get March out of the way and spring is here!

I am off to the kitchen now to whip up a batch of lemon pudding. Nothing better than tart lemony pudding to brighten your day.
Thinking of bright things there is some sun peeking about today. I saw it couple of times slip out behind big stormy clouds.
Good to see it's face occasionally,  I have missed it.
Later.






No comments:

Post a Comment