Friday, February 22, 2013

NEW TO US BATHROOM

Yes I am thrilled to get rid of the tired old faded blue bathroom. Hubby is working hard today on that master bath. He has removed all the hardware the baseboards which will be repainted also. I have cleaned the light fixtures and the fan cover. All will be fresh and clean and newly painted.
I choose a wall and ceiling color that is couple of shades darker than the floor and counter tile. So the paint and tile will set a nice calm backdrop for simple wall decor and some new curtains panels set off the window hanging from a wood pole. The window is opaque so no need for a cover over it. I just want something to soften the window and bring some interest to the room. Today is prep work and tomorrow my husband will paint. Then I will wax and clean the cabinets. 
I wonder why it is that folks put off doing something like this? We knew we had to tackle this project for some time but yet we did nothing.
I am anxious to look for a couple of prints in simple frames to pull in our bedroom colors and select the window panel colors from the suggestions in the art work.

I am very happy with our bedroom which is done in a dark Mediterrean blue it has an enormous vaulted ceiling in cream color so the dark color on the walls does not make it appear small but it does make it intimate and cozy.  We have a king brass bed in a very simple style. And sadly a mishmash of furniture. A great quality triple dresser right down to smooth gliding dovetailed drawers. It was given to me years ago. It is a light wood more than likely maple. I have a round table with a rusty red cloth on it for my night stand, hubby has an antique table for his. Across from the bed we have a 46 inch flat screen mounted on the wall without a cable in sight. Hubby did a great job of installing it. All the wiring runs down behind the wall. Under the tellie on that wall sits an old oak teachers chair I scarfed up at a yard sale.  The colors in the bed quilt are caramel, rusty red, several blues and cream. Lots of bed pillows mimic those same colors. I have sheer rusty red panels on the window with a blind behind. The panels have a swag valance in the same sheer fabric that are adorned in little glass beads. Simple but with some sparkle.  I will pull those colors into the adjacent bathroom.
So you can see I am looking forward to my newly painted and clean fresh bathroom.

While hubby is busy in the bathroom I am closed in the office once again working on taxes.  I accomplished quite a lot yesterday afternoon.  

The wind is up this afternoon not steady but gusty. The rain has started lightly at the moment but will increase as we go into evening. There is a storm approaching and it possibly could bring snow to the valley floor. 
Thinking of snow my darling granddaughter Megan and family in Kansas had a huge amount of the white stuff yesterday. She wrote that she drove into work in downtown Topeka but no one was there and she drove back home in the horribly scary storm. She said if she did not have four wheel drive she would not have made it. So the whole little family was home and snowed in. I told her a great day for cookie and snowman making! Believe me I spent many winter days doing that exact same thing with my little ones  as we lived in snow country.

I made chicken Parmesan last night for dinner. Oh my it so wonderful. We never go out for this meal as we do it so well here at home. I made a large amount so we can repeat tonight. Unlike a lot of people we appreiciate leftovers. I always make a good meal from scratch which takes time so it is nice to be out of the kitchen every now and then and just reheat our previous nights meal.
Tomorrow I am making a chocolate silk pie, topped with fresh whip cream. We love this pie. You take a bite and the pudding just melts and slides down your throat.........silk! Thus the name.

Well I need to roll my chair over to the big old desk and get back to my tax duties.
Have a fun Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment