Friday, February 15, 2013

JUST CHATTING

Today I will chat a bit as I have not posted for a few days.
I will start with Wednesday which was a very fun day. As hubby got home early we decided to go out for lunch and he was hungry for guess what? You are right mexican food. So back to our fave place we went. We enjoyed our lunch and came home and played cards for the remainder of the afternoon. 
Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and Valentines day it was also her fiancee's birthday. How funny they share a birthday together.

My husband and I had a great Valentine's day.
He was home early and I had his little gifts already wrapped and sitting on the table with a big red heart balloon. He placed my gifts and card on the table beside his. He was so anxious to give me my gifts, he was so cute. But we waited. We went out to the deck and sat and sipped wine with our faces to the warm sun. Oh it was wonderful to feel the heat after so long.
Our dinner was yummy. We decided we wanted fish for our special meal so I ran to the fish market that morning and bought Alaskan cod. I just put a rub on the fish of salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and paprika. Then I wrapped the fillets in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for a couple of hours.
When I was ready to fry the fish I heated the cast iron skillet and added a dollop of butter and olive oil. I set the stove top burner to seven. I did not want the butter to burn but needed the pan hot enough for a quick sear. It worked out perfect. The pieces were tender, juicy and flaked off perfectly. You never want to overcook fish it has to be perfect and if not done enough it will not flake apart.
I had made a cilantro chimmichuri sauce earlier in the day. This is such a beautiful deep green sauce.
So I plated the fish with that sauce surrounding it, baby glazed carrots and rice to the side made for a colorful meal.
The meal was lovely not only pretty to look at but tasted so luscious.  I did take a photo but it did not turn out. Somehow my camera was on the wrong setting so it was blurred.
We sat at the nook table once again I put on a red table scarf and white napkins and assorted white candles and the heart balloon bobbed above us. We opened a nice bottle of wine. After dinner we opened our little gifts to one another. One of my gifts a darling silver charm bracelet, love it.  It was a sweet celebration.
The rest of the evening unfolded listening to new C.D's we had bought one another, playing games and finally we soaked in the hot tub under a star crusted sky. A happy day~

I am going now to work in this office now then nestle into my chair and read.
Unlike yesterday's sun today we are locked in fog once more. It is so disheartening to know that sun is shinning up there and we cannot see it.
Later this afternoon I am going to make a pineapple upside down cake. I was going to make this cake a couple of weeks of ago and still have not done that. So today is the day as we have been out of toll house cookies for a few days now.

Have a nice Friday the weekend is almost here. My husband is working all weekend but we have had our fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment