Thursday, February 28, 2013

WAITING FOR SPRING


Posted by PicasaYes I am still anxiously awaiting spring. Seems it has been so long since we had steady warmth.
Tomorrow is to be sixty degree's I surely hope so. I know it is just turning March but still......I long for springs strong rays.

I am happy the way our master bath has turned out. New paint on walls, ceiling and baseboards, waxed cabinets, new wall art and sheers at the window with gold stars. Everything is in caramel and creams and white with rusty red accents.  So it is a nice extension of our bedroom in those same colors.
I even bought a new toilet set. A white wood with bead board work. All is just fresh and new looking. Thank you hubby for your hard work and me too for my artsy whimsical motif.

More good news the tax booklet is mailed off to our CPA. Yeah.......I am always so relieved when that dreadful chore is finished.
To celebrate my very busy week hubby is taking me to pizza tomorrow. I always love going for pizza. We are going to Papa's Pizza this time not our fave Italian place Ambrosia. Papa's is delish pizza too with a very good yeasty crust and flavorful toppings. We get a half and half so we each get some of our favorite ingredients.

I made up a menu yesterday for the week ahead. We are going to have some tasty fare.
Tonight we are having Creamy Pappardelle with leeks and bacon. Sort of a take on Spaghetti carbonara.  This is a new recipe so if it meets my expectations I will post it tomorrow.
Other meals this week are a linguisa cabbage soup with vegetables, Seared sirloin steak with mushroom wine sauce and garlic creamed potatoes, roasted lemon and herb bookend chicken with roasted vegetables, then using leftover roasted chicken I will make white chili with chicken. We are also going to make a brunch with cassolets filled with a corn tortilla, refried beans, cheese and topped with a soft fried egg and homemade ranchero sauce from our own tomatoes. Kind of like Huevo's ranchero's but in the little casseroles. We will have OJ and champagne to go with. So many delicious meals to look forward to in this coming week.

I had a great visit with my brother yesterday afternoon. He was happy with his new purchase a 2012 GMC truck, black with tinted windows. His son said he looked like a undercover cop. Funny. We are still hoping to get together in March. He took his boat from the lake to his home in Kalama and has been staying there until the weather improves. We are hoping that March will work out to spend time at the lake together.

My husband and I had a trip planned to the beach but we have had to change plans as hubby has two large jobs coming up asap. So we will wait and watch for a break in the schedule and plan again.

Well I think I will take a stroll through my new bathroom.......laugh.  I just love looking at it now. It is always nice to do something different in ones home. Next we are redoing our laundry room.

Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment