Saturday, February 9, 2013

GRANDSON TYSON TO BE DADDY !!!


Posted by PicasaYes it is true my grandson Tyson is going to be a daddy. He and Lindsey are going to be parents. I am still in shock. Thus making me a Grammy Great and my son will be a Granddad.
Tyson will make a great father. He is sensitive to ones needs, he is patient, understanding and gentle. As you know he is training hoping to get a position with the Portland Fire Dept. After training though he will have an opportunity for other locations also. It is very hard to get on with the PFD as it is a very coveted job with many applicants. Right now he is taking EMT training at Portland State.
So now come Thanksgiving it will be Tyson, Lindsey and baby. A new little life to cuddle and love and enjoy. Oh this family is going to go nuts!!!! I will be called Grammy G. I love it!

Hubby is hard at installing a new hardwood floor today he will work late as his jobs are lined up like cord word as they say. 
So for dinner tonight I will make something that can be reheated or held till he arrives home. I thought chili would be good with some cheesy biscuits. I was sure I had some ground chuck in the freezer but did not so I am going to use Trader Joe's turkey meatballs. I thought why not? I will thaw them and half them I think it will be tasty. I will make my regular chili and toss those tasty meatballs in for the simmering time.
Remember Theodore Roosevelt he said  "Do what you can. with what you have, where you are."
I do not believe he was referring to making chili but it fits!

We have sun and clouds today which is far better than fog. Yesterday it was very nice. My neighbor Dee worked in her flower bed for most of the day. I certainly would like to be a gardener but I have very little interest so therefore I am not. Oh I do so love a beautiful flower bed, sweet little flowers smiling but....
Now I do not mind watering the vegetable garden and tending to it's needs. But I have never had a knack with flowers. I deplore weeding, I am not sure when to trim flowers back etc so I just fly by the seat of my britches. The most I can usually muster up are some pretty pots full of color.
So when I see Dee pruning roses doing this and that I am a little in awe but still do not want to do it........laugh.

Hubby was home yesterday and it was a cozy laid back day for the two of us. So I decided to make toll house cookies. Is there anything better to make your heart smile than a hot chocolate chip cookie? We had a couple straight from the oven with a cup of hot tea. Hmmm so warm and tender with soft gooey chocolate chips and the crunch of walnuts.
I had one this morning with my coffee. I was thinking about that cookie and coffee before I got out of bed this morning.

I am going to make a lovely Sunday dinner tomorrow I decided. My husband will be home early after applying finish to the floor he is installing today.
I am thinking something with chicken. I will check through my recipes and see what sounds appealing. We may even eat at the dining room table. I like to do that occasionally. As we have the nook table adjacent to the family room and kitchen that is usually our spot or worse yet, eating in front of the tellie on the coffee table. A very bad habit and certainly not comfortable in any way.
So I think a beautifully prepared Sunday meal on nice china and in the dining room will be a treat and it will remind me of my Mother's Sunday suppers as she called them.

Well this old Grammy G is going to leave you on this nice Saturday in February and finish her chores, then walk and find a sumptuous chicken recipe.
Happy weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment