Friday, February 1, 2013

SHOPPING ONLINE

Shopping online I love it! I am not a shopper as you know I have certainly mentioned that many times on this blog. But it is lovely for me to sit at this computer and browse through different venues looking for wanted items.
I still have my gift card from Christmas only one purchase on it so today I went to Amazon and ordered a green strap watch....yes green.....go ducks! I also ordered an adorable bracelet in black leather and with green and sparkly beads and leather wrappings. I ordered a hanging cosmetic bag that I have so needed. I had one years ago when we traveled but it went by the waste side several years ago. This one is adorable, black and white zebra print on the outside and bright purple on the inside. My next purchase will be at the Duck Store here in Eugene. I am wanting a black snug fitting hoodie with the Oregon O". So Zo goes shopping but mostly online lol. I am having fun!

I just got the phone after a hour or so chatting with my brother. I was making plans for my trip to visit him. I will spend three days with him at his lake place and then stop at my daughters in Portland to spend a day and night, the next morning coffee with my son and then home before the traffic gets to packed. So I have all my ducks in a row as I do not have much time and want to make every minute count.

I made the steak stew last night with Irish soda bread. My daughter gave me a bag of Bob's Red Mill Irish soda bread mix. I did not know what to expect but we liked it. Talk about hardy. A person could live a week or so off of one loaf if need be! It was the perfect accompaniment to the stew. A very hard crispy crust and very heavy and dense inside. You should try it.
Hubby will have the leftovers tonight but I am making myself a noodle bowl. Asian noodles with sliced scallions and chopped cilantro with a tad of toasted sesame oil and soy sauce. Yummy. I like something simple like that.

Well the Super Bowl is here Sunday already. Seems it was just last year. I do not care about it in the least. But hubby does so I will watch it with him. I believe we are having his sis and brother in law as usual. We make up a score board and each put in ten dollars and win on the quarters. Usually seems a couple of us split the pot. But who knows, I won it all one year. That was fun.
If I had to pick a team that I would want to win it would be San Francisco. There are some Oregon Ducks playing for them which makes it better and they are a west coast team. My husband has always liked the 49'ers.
I am just going to serve a big pizza and make a pineapple upside down cake with whipped cream. Sister in law can bring snacks of her choosing. All easy and simple.

It has been another foggy day after delighful day yesterday. When I looked out an hour ago we had a nice pink and orange sunset. So the sky has cleared so I am going to take a hot tub this evening and gaze at stars.

I am going now to make my noodle dish as I am getting a little hungry I have not had anything today except some left over veggies and rice. Though it was filling and has held my appetite at bay the noodles seem to be calling.
Bon appetite. 




No comments:

Post a Comment