Sunday, February 10, 2013

I LOVE SUNDAY'S

Yes it is true I love Sunday's. 
Today was a perfect example for a perfect Sunday at least for me.
I decide before getting out of bed if there is anything I really want to accomplish. Sometimes yes there is a special project or meal etc but otherwise Sunday is a day for me. There is such a decadence in this kind of thinking. I am afloat in the breeze at the whim of what will be. I like that. Having one day a week with an open agenda makes every decision throughout the day thoughtful.The choice is mine to do whatever makes me happy.
Now as I have to make Sunday work for me in this way. I make sure all that needed to be accomplished the past week is done and all my ducks are in a row so to speak and I am ready for Monday. If I did not do this beforehand I would not be able to enjoy my free day.

Today I was up at six-thirty to help get hubby out the door. Then there is the huge Sunday paper to read a total pleasure for this gal that loves to devour everything in print.
After a chocolate chip cookie and two cups of tea this morning the paper was thrown about on the floor having fulfilled my need for newsprint and it suited me well. Then on to the computer to catch up on emails and check out FB, to see what is happening today in others lives. Then off to the shower and dressing, face on, hair done etc. I am quite quick thirty minutes tops.
Now I surely want to tidy the house as quickly as possible it is not a day for housekeeping. So a quick pick up is all that is required.

Now the day is mine, all mine!!! I need to say this brings me much pleasure. A quiet house to fill with music of my choice, so many choices, this morning I chose classical piano music. 
Now that I can do anything I wish I decided this was a good to day to wash the new sheets I just received via Amazon and put them on the bed. So this was my little extra project today. So tonight silky soft clean sheets ah the pleasure.
So with that little extra done I settled down to read while having a little snack/lunch. I was not really hungry but I had a glass of iced green tea and a leftover cheese biscuit . I did choose the smallest one lol. I must admit that little bite to eat and the book turned into well over an hour. I just get lost in books as you know it is so hard to put one down.

By then the sun had made a very brief appearance and I knew I had make haste and get my walk in. So out the door for a forty minute walk. Back feeling all refreshed and a tad chilled I cuddled down once again in my chair with nose in book to give my back a rest. Well time went by........

After some while I decided I needed to get the rub on my steak for dinner. I was thinking yesterday I wanted to do something chicken for Sunday dinner but I spied a flat iron steak in the freezer. Dinner will be flat iron steak with a from scratch reduced steak mushroom sauce full of amazing flavors. To the side a big baker with toppers of chopped tomatoes, scallions, italian shredded cheese and sour cream. I bagged the idea of the dining table and have set the little nook table with a cute colorful cloth and napkins, candles the works. It looks cozy and festive. 

I talked to my brother for an hour or so also. I always love our chats. We decided if the weather is bad I will delay my trip to see him. We do not want to be sequestered inside the trailer in a rain fest. We both like to be outdoors to hike around and fish etc. We are both flexible so anything is pretty workable.

So the day melted away slowly and leisurely a very enjoyable Sunday.
So here I sit typing, the little table is waiting, the bakers are in the oven and hubby is taking a quick hot tub.
After dinner we will watch the Grammy's. So in my opinion this simple perfect Sunday is just what I had in mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment