Tuesday, November 6, 2012

COUNTRY FENCE


Posted by PicasaI like this photo I took it last year at this time. It stretches a short way along the country road I walk. 
This past year has seemed to flown by. To me it seems almost like yesterday the fall leaves were scattered thick on the lawn and sidewalks. 
We have two lovely trees on the street in front of our home. The one now is completely bare except for a few hardy leaves still clinging and a handful stuck on craggy branches. The other tree has lost about half of it's red leaves. This trees leaves are vivid red before dropping them. It stays green until quite late in fall and all at once it seems it burst to red. I need to go out a little later today and sweep the sidewalk clear so folks can see where they are stepping. Of course once again our back deck is covered  How many times do I sweep that deck? Hundreds it seems, the tree that overhangs the deck drops horrendous amounts of tiny leaves twenty four hours a day.  So the sweeping of leaves will continue for another good month or beyond. Sigh.

I am listening to classical piano solo's as I write. Oh how I love this music. It just picks me up and takes me away .........somewhere lovely though.

The yeast buns I made yesterday are very tasty but I actually am going to try the recipe for Thanksgiving that came out in the current Food Network magazine. I can use my dough hook on the Kitchenaid mixer with that recipe. And I can make them up the day before if I like and bake them while the turkey is resting. 

I am trying to decide what to have as appetizers for our family at Thanksgiving. Last year I put way to much food out and no one was that hungry when the meal went onto the table.  I have always had a issue with appetizers. I do not care for them so it is hard for me to come up with idea's. I have never been a stand around the bar and munch of snacks sort of gal. So I usually try to come with some sort of appetizers that folks can dish up onto small plates and take and eat on their lap etc. I am actually right now trying to think of one single thing I enjoy and other than cheese and crackers I am at a blank! How boring is that? And to make matters worse here I am married to Mr. Munch!
I looked online this morning and I have decided on two items but I am still lacking. I am sure something will come into my head soon or it may be cheese and crackers!

I usually have no problem with dinner menus. Tonight we are having farfalle with vodka sauce as I had some sauce left over from a meal a few days past. I am going to add some chicken breast and artichoke hearts. We do not waste a thing in this household if we can help it. We are quite diligent about not making too much and morphing leftovers into a different meals.

So here it is afternoon. I was not going to blog today but I had the music on and I wanted to sit and write not that I have any news. Same ol'. 

The sun has now graced us and the light is glittering through the tree with the red leaves. I love how the light moves in through the living room windows and dances on the hardwood floors.

I must get on with a few things now that I want to accomplish this afternoon. But that sun is beaming now outdoors and the thought of sweeping that deck does not sound bad at all.
Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment