Monday, November 5, 2012

MY DAUGHTER GINA AND GRANDDAUGHTER MEGAN TWO BEAUTIES


Posted by PicasaThis photo was posted on FB this morning along with others. My daughter Gina just spent five days in Topeka Kansas with her daughter, my granddaughter Megan. What two lovely ladies and they are just as beautiful on the inside. Mother/daughter time is such a blessing and the memories will be cherished forever.

Do you know that we had 74 degree's yesterday here in Eugene? What a nice surprise. I knew it was warm when I walked early morning. 
I also had another surprise. My hubby walked through the door at noon. What happened was there was a power outage we hear caused by a transformer malfunction in the neighborhood he was working in. Well he has to have power to sand floors so he could not work. Now this was a unexpected treat for me to have him home on such a lovely day but the downside is he had to leave at 5:45  this morning and will not be home until very late. The power there was restored about four yesterday but at that point it was to late to drive back to the job site. The folks he is working for are on a very tight schedule to get everything done and get moved in on their scheduled date. 
But the upside is we had such a fine day yesterday on the back deck sitting in the sun it was like a summer day in November. I actually put on shorts and a summer top......we were just loving it. We decided to grill our dinner. So we had fat juicy turkey burgers.
Now today is already shaping up quite nicely. It is still early yet but I see the sun coming up behind the red and gold trees on the street. It is suppose to be only in the sixties today but we will see what happens.
I will walk a little later. I am on my second cup of green tea. I had tea this morning instead of coffee. I will do that sometimes. Green tea and actually all tea is good for you but coffee has it's benefits also.

Now as I have such a long day ahead of me I may as well make those yeast buns I decided I was not making yesterday. I will just have to slap my own hand if it heads towards the pan of buns.
Always when I eat buns I think of my high school friend Judy. I loved staying at Judy's house of course she was my best friend but her Mother's yeast buns were out of this world. The best I ever tasted. I still think of them. After we were in bed and should have been sleeping we were wandering back into the dark kitchen quiet as little mice and sneaking buns back to the bedroom. I cannot even imagine how many buns we would eat in the course of an evening but seems we always emptied the pan. A good memory.

My husband and I decided yesterday while chatting out in the sunshine that we would go for lunch on Thursday or Friday to a new to us Mexican eatery in the Whit. This is a district in Eugene that is about as ethnic as you can get also the district is a big melting pot of eateries, breweries, quaint shops and the likes. Quite an interesting area. Hubby wants to stop first at his favorite brewery for a pint before going to eat. So we will have a little outing the end of the week.

On that fun thought I will go now and do my Monday chores which consists of a couple loads of laundry the cleaning of floors and taking down of the Halloween decorations and putting up Thanksgiving ones. Plus I will make the buns and take a photo(if they turn out) and post the recipe tomorrow.

Note. The turkey burgers we always make are frozen in a four pack box from Trader Joe's and are the best!! They are white and brown meat, so juicy and tasty. You put them right on the grill frozen. My own trick is to keep them basted with Trader Joe's Soyaki marinade(baste and flip, baste and flip). This is a tasty asian sauce and keeps the burgers moist and tender while they grill. Try it you will like it.

I just now reviewed this post and it seems the size of my font jumped up in size. Why it does this I do not know and it has happened before. It is nothing that I do so know it was not intended. At least if you wear glasses you can probably read it without them lol.

Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment