Tuesday, November 20, 2012

THANKSGIVING TABLE 2012


Posted by PicasaThere will be five seated at our table this year. The table only sits six comfortably so that works well gives us a little extra space for food items.

I know I have a blog regarding my career as a decorator that is supposed to be continued and it will be at another time. My mind is frantically into Thanksgiving at this time so no other thoughts can enter.

Today I made the mixed berry sauce for the cheese cake and my cranberry orange relish. Sadly that is all I could make up today that would hold. Tomorrow I will make a lemon tart and a pumpkin pie. Also on the agenda are the rolls, relish tray and black bean corn salsa (for an appetizer) and I need to make up sausage patties ahead for our breakfast sandwiches Friday morning. The remainder of the meal will  be made on thanksgiving day. 
For years I always cooked my dressing inside the turkey but then with all the warnings and such the past few years I have made it in a casserole. So I will make that up ahead thanksgiving morning and pre- bake it before I put the turkey in. Then all I will need do is pop it back into the oven with the rolls to reheat after the turkey is removed from the oven. A turkey needs to rest a half hour covered loosely with foil before carving so it all works out. In the meantime I am mashing potatoes and making gravy and brussel sprouts with lemon butter..........help me! It is at this point that I tend to get a little stressed. Hubby is going to carve the turkey this year. Now I do a better job of this but he tells me he is going to take lessons watching a video on the internet. So I am hoping for the best lol.

It has been a day of weather believe me. First of all last night it was deluge it pounded on the roof throughout the night. I will admit I felt quite cozy snuggled down in the bed with my comfy pillow nested in it's flannel case. I would rouse every so often but the rain took me back to dreamland quickly. This morning it was thick clouds a gray felted sky.
Then this afternoon the sky brightened and the sun showed it's face though briefly  A while later I said to my husband, the sky has gone almost black and within minutes we had a wind gust that lifted the patio table up and tossed a couple chairs across the deck. The wind slammed the windows with vengeance and splattered them with rain and sticking leaves. Just amazing! Quite exciting really. Now all is calm. Go figure it is just Oregon as they say.

I am now going to call my son and cement plans for the weekend. I am as prepared as I will ever be I have my list for each day stating my to-d0's. The older I get the more I rely on a list. I will say I love making a list. I am a planner and list making is part of that. I especially like crossing things off my list........strange I know but that is the way I am.

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving 2012. Always there is so much to be thankful for. But for me it is my husband and children, grandchildren and family. All are so dear in my heart and they will always be there held tightly with love.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment