Sunday, November 25, 2012

MIDNIGHT MADNESS IS MADNESS

Rant time!
OK now it is getting worse not only have we had to endure midnight madness the past few years but now stores are opening at eight pm Thanksgiving evening? Several in our area did that including one large mall. Makes me want to scream!

Now let me ask you this. If you were an employee in one of these stores opening Thanksgiving early or at midnight would you want to work???? Hello!
Lets see, you have slaved all day in the kitchen and probably a day or so before. The big meal is sitting on the table to be enjoyed by family and friends and you are looking at the clock to see how much time you have before you have to head to work. And not only a normal days work but to a nighttime crowd that is yelling and grabbing products off the shelves and hurrying and scurrying and angry and crazy! 

I think the whole idea is a disgrace to what we call a family holiday.  A time to share and care, and break bread together as the laughter of children fills the house and memories are made.

But no the corporations that own the businesses  are so greedy that money must be made and the quicker the better. Everyone needs to get the jump on their competitor as the merchandise flies out the doors and bills and credit slips fill the tills. Oh, let the good times roll!
Now I know there are small business men that do not care to participate in these activities  But really what choice do they have? Join the band wagon or get left in the dust.
The whole thing is just so sad.
When I see photo's in the paper of crazed customers with their arms full of the clothing or toys or electronic's or whatever running through the stores I know why they call it madness.  I would be ashamed to be seen like that. All because you are in need of buying and buying and more buying . Can you tell me what propels a person to buy a half dozen sweaters or sweatshirts in all different colors for different people. Now a lot of thought goes into those gifts. Just to run through the isles and throw things in carts because they are sale priced is ludicrous.
I would rather get a hand made card from someone touched by loving hands than a thoughtless gift.

So there is the rant. It is my blog I can say what I like.
I will leave you now I feel much better after saying my piece.
Thank you blog. And once again the size of the font has changed to large in a couple of places. I cannot figure out how to change it back........so know it was not intentional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment