Thursday, November 1, 2012

A VERY TASTY MUFFIN


Posted by PicasaGood morning everyone. I just had a muffin with my cup of coffee, a good little muffin. Just a basic muffin recipe with lemon juice, poppy seeds and chopped walnuts and a simple little lemon glaze of powered sugar and lemon juice.

Well we have a miserable sight outside today. The deck chairs were skittering across the back deck and the Halloween skeleton hanging on the outside of the nook window was doing a dance, while the ghoul in the front was blowing high about ready to fly away. So I had to batten down the hatches as they say.
We woke about midnight to rain pounding on the roof and it has just now starting to let up.
I was going to go for groceries and do banking this morning but you know what? I am canceling until tomorrow as it is to be quite nice.  There is nothing so pressing that I need to be out in this mess today.
So once again today will find me with the rubber gloves on. Why? Well I did deep clean the main bath yesterday but did not get to our master bath as I got bogged down making out the weeks menu, distracted looking through recipes etc so by the time I got the actual grocery list made it was to late to start the other bathroom. So this morning I will accomplish that chore!

The folks on the east coast are in a state still dealing with Sandy's wrath and by the looks of the photo's it will be a long while till all is back to a normal state if ever. 
I just do not how I would cope with a disaster like that. I am thinking I may not do very well. I am such a home body and love my home and my things it would be very hard to lose things that have been passed down from loved ones. Let alone documents, photo's and the likes. Then the mess of it all, where to begin? What a struggle for so many. I feel so sad for them all.

There will be no walk today I will have to get on the exercise bike for a bit. 
Now the exercise bike and I have an issue. I cannot stay on the seat after a few minutes of peddling I start sliding off the front of the seat. There is no way to address this problem it cannot be fixed(we have tried). So I peddle and slide and hitch back up and peddle and slide and hitch back up. There is no pleasure, just frustration.

Tonight for dinner I making what I have on hand in the pantry, fridge and freezer. So we are having crispy oven fried chicken breasts with scalloped cheesy potatoes and sliced tomatoes, cukes and onions in my Mom's tangy vinegar and sugar dressing. It will be a decent meal. 

Hubby is going to be late again tonight he is pushing this week as to be home at four from the job site on Saturday for the OREGON game. He is the biggest fan(bordering on obsession) but I say nothing at least he does not watch the NFL all day on Sunday. He is totally into college football. It could be worse.

Well I am going to leave you now and get my house duties done. If I have time this afternoon I need to work on my photo program on the computer. I must to get dozens of photo's into their proper albums I have been so neglectful in doing that. I think it will be a nice project to sit here working on the photo's while listening to some relaxing music on Pandora and watching the rain drizzle down the windows.

Have a good Thursday.







No comments:

Post a Comment