Sunday, November 4, 2012

MY HUBBY


Posted by PicasaThinking of my husband today and all that he means to me so I thought I would blog a little about him today.
Seems impossible to me that we have been together over thirty years. But however when I think of all we have done in our time together it does not seem that impossible. Do you know that we built seven homes together that we moved into and lived. Also we built six spec homes and hubby also helped his father who was a builder on many of his houses.  My husband quit the building trade when lots became extremely hard to come by and therefore were very expensive. We knew any profit on the spec homes would be eaten up by the cost of the property. So it was time for a change. So being who he is he reinvented himself. He learned how to install and finish hardwood floors. He has been in this trade now for twelve years and has built up a nice clientele most of his work comes by referral. It is very hard work and he does the work himself keeping our overhead down and quality control high. This way we can also give a more reasonable bid than a company employing workers.

In our first twenty years together we did much traveling. Not only to tropical destinations which we did frequently but also in the united states and Canada. Now it seems we have settled. With him working most of the year taking time off is hard so now we do what we can with a few days here and there. He never complains nor do I as we know we have the main components of a good life.

My husband has so many wonderful qualities. He is kind, sensitive, funny, caring, understanding(most times) affectionate, a good provider, generous and more.
Besides I think he is very handsome.
Well of course he has his moments but I will not go into that at least not at this time.
I will just say that after all these years we still totally adore one another and are each others best friend and we make each other happy. I would raise a toast to my hubby right now but unfortunately it is not even noon yet so best not pull out the wine bottle!

I was going to make yeast buns today. I wanted to try this recipe as it looks really good and I want to make them for my Thanksgiving dinner. But I am having second thoughts. If I made a big pan of them what will keep me out of them? I so love homemade bread and yeasty buns are just about my favorite so I fear I would be eating the heck out of those buns as I would have no will power. So I am not going to make them I just decided  I will just make them for Thanksgiving and hope for the best. No matter what happens they will still be better than store bought.

Well the OREGON DUCKS did just fine last night. There were a few tense moments for me however when twice they came within three points of us. My husband though told me to stay calm it all be ok at the end and it was. So we are still undefeated and still moving ahead. Oh and I must say the Trojans did not play dirty last night they played an honest clean game. Thank you USC.

I have already walked can you believe it is 72 degrees at this moment? It feels balmy and the little breeze that there is feels warm on your body. I like it.

I now must leave and do a little something whether right or wrong. Hubby as you know is working again......still. He is going to have two days off later this week before he starts another job. So maybe we'll have a lunch date again.
Catch up later.



No comments:

Post a Comment