Sunday, November 11, 2012

ME AND THE DUCK !


Posted by PicasaA photo of me and the Duck. I took the picture of myself in the mirror yesterday so thus the camera. I was in my yellow and green with my black Duck bracelet and Duck lips though you cannot see those for the camera strap.
I am so proud of our Ducks! They scrambled a bit at first but then settled in as is par for them. They had found out that Alabama had lost before they played so that may have unsettled them a bit. Our QB is amazing. So much composure for a young man and so unassuming for such a huge talent. He led that team last night. So sorry for the injuries though to some of the players, such hard losses. 
So we are still marching upward to the top. We think we will be #2 when the BCS standings come out tomorrow.

We had very fun afternoon and night. Very fun watching Alabama fall!!!! We were hoping that Oregon State would have won but it is what it is I suppose. They had two good chances at the end.
We played golf on our Wii until the OREGON game started. I won a game and my hubby won a game. We are very competitive playing that game and quite good actually.

The little salami cream crescents were just OK. Hubby ate a few I ate one(do not make them). I am really no fan of that sort of thing. The deviled eggs were a hit. There are two left and after I finish here I will go scarf one down.

I just put the slow cooker on to do it's thing. It is filled with navy beans, onions and celery, chicken broth and seasonings. I will add the big juicy ham steak cut into chunks the last hour of cooking time. My hubby is happy I have no corn meal for muffins and he knows I will make those cheesy biscuits they are wonderful and one of our favorite things. So I think I will post that recipe at the end of this blog.

I am tired today as we stayed up well beyond midnight listening to all the college football talk. Good grief I am getting as obsessed as my husband. Anyhow did not crawl out of the nest till eight this morning.
I do believe we may run for a taco though to Los Dos Amigo's. The good thing other than the great food there is it about ten minutes away and an easy drive.

Well here is the promised recipe.
Cheesy biscuits.
1 cup of flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450 degree's. Mix flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and salt in a medium size bowl, stir all up with a whip works good. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cheddar cheese. Add the milk and stir until mixture forms soft dough.
Place on a lightly floured surface and knead about 8 -10 times or till smooth(do not overwork). With your hands pat out the dough into a 6 inch square. Cut into nine squares and place on a greased baking sheet.
Bake 10- 12 minutes or until golden brown. 
Makes nine tender cheesy biscuits.  Yummy!

It is time now for me to jump into the shower and get ready for a little outing with a very sweet husband and very good taco!
Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment