Friday, November 23, 2012

REFLECTIONS


Posted by PicasaMy kitchen window.
Two days ago it rained torrents and that is when I took this photo out my window.

I am reflecting today on our Thanksgiving meal with my family. Such an enjoyable time a special day.

I will say even though I was organised and had lists for lists yes you heard me right. Disgusting I know. I still was plenty busy in the kitchen. 
As far as turning the carving knife over to my hubby he was no better than I at turkey carving. He watched a couple video's and sharpened his weapon but lost the battle. Another hacked up bird! But I am not taking the chore back it was nice to mash the potatoes, and make gravy while he struggled. The turkey tasted good was juicy and he managed to get the wings and legs off in good order.
Tonight we are having a repeat. I just need make up a small batch of mashed spuds and reheat everything else.

I chattered much about cooking and recipes with Tyson and Lindsey and I am going to be gathering and sending off some of my favorites off to them. I love it that they are foodies. 
They were so generous and brought two bottles of red wine and two bottles of prosecco. For those of you that do not know that is Italian sparkling wine. I love it! 

It was surely a lazy day for me today. Hubby worked a half  day so not to bad and now has the next two off before starting a big project.
I quickly went through my house this morning tidying things up, took care of the dining table and few things I did not get to last evening. Took a short walk before the soft rain came in and then when home took a hot shower. I then snugged down in my chair and read in my current book for an hour or so. I was alone and the only noise I heard was that of my water fountain splashing it's way down the ledges over the stones. Very peaceful and truth be told I was tempted to close my eyes and drift off for a short interval but I resisted and roused myself and went and unloaded a very full dish washer.

Now the day is leaving and night is seeping in through the blinds. Time to shut the outdoors away and cuddle in, turn on the lights and little electric fireplace. Turn on the oven and heat up our dinner.
I think I am liking this evening very much. I feel very relaxed after having a nice glass of melbec that my grandson left for me to enjoy.
I will write another day, this one is surely winding down.






No comments:

Post a Comment