Wednesday, January 2, 2013

FIESTA BOWL AND PIZZA


Posted by PicasaMy little collage say's it all.
The OREGON and KANSAS STATE game tomorrow with homemade pizza. We are excited! What could be better......alright, OK, I know the National championship or the Rose Bowl. But because of our undoing those games were not possible. So we take what we get and be thankful and hopefully win!

It is so cold today.........brrrrrr. Woke to a world of silver and white frosting this morning. Not a breeze was stirring it was like frozen breath. As the morning eased on the frozen fog lifted and the sun glistened on the lingering frost it was very pretty. The hot tub cover was a mass of sparkles.
So the day has been beautiful. Frigid with deep blue skies and nary a cloud to be seen.

Today I un-adorned the tree and packed all the carefully wrapped ornaments into the Christmas totes. Then hubby and I took a pitifully dry tree out the door leaving piles of needles to contend with. Well all is back to normal now after much sweeping and vacuuming  Clean and fresh and uncluttered,I like it but I will be ready again next year to bring it all back out once more.
We left our little white lights atop the kitchen cabinets and the icicle lights on the back of house for a little atmosphere while taking hot tubs.

My menu is made out for the coming week. Tonight is my home made pizza.
This time I am using fresh mozzarella so much tastier. Also on the agenda for this week is Marcella chicken. Pork chops with roasted cauliflower with olive oil and garlic, ravioli with vodka sauce and salad, Senate Navy Bean soup with ham and bacon corn cheese muffins and a simple meal of patty melts on black bread with tomato soup.
Tonight it is bakers( a half for me) filled with butter,seasonings and scallions, then loaded with chopped salad, tomatoes and blue cheese dressing and topped with crispy fried bacon bits. We have had not had much food today so we are looking forward to this simple but satisfying meal.

Well I am going now to sit in my chair and read. It is almost four-thirty and I have been on my feet all day with the cleaning and such. So a little relaxing for me before I make dinner.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment