Thursday, January 10, 2013

LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN


Posted by PicasaA photo of my lemon roasted chicken. It was very juicy and had a nice subtle lemon flavor. We still have a nice portion chopped and ready to use in a chicken and rice casserole for this evening.

We woke to snow covered streets this morning and the snow continued to slowly float down in large flakes for an hour or so this morning early.
It was a lovely sight not having snow that often it is quite exciting. Of course nothing accumulated as it is warming up. We may have the same scenario tomorrow morning.

The book I am reading now by an author I have read before is quite different than my usual fare. It is a like a detective novel. There are quite a few characters some seedy some normal that make a great cast of characters. There are several different scenario's going at once but I am sure they will tie together at some point. I must remember everything I read and not skip read as I sometimes do in slow books. Every detail is going to count in this book. So yes I think it is enjoyable but I am not sure if I really care for this type of book. I can only answer that when the last page is finished.

I had lunch out with my sis in law Liz yesterday. It was nice having gal time. We had a good lunch then ran to a thrift store to see if there were any good treasures we could not do without. I usually only go to thrift stores to buy books but I looked at other items this time and bought a cute little sign for the outside fence in the garden come spring.

Last night I took a hot tub.  I was not sure the sky was going to clear as it had been overcast for most of the day and early evening. But when I checked about eight PM all was clear and glittering stars laced the navy sky. I quickly ran and put my spa gear on and headed to that hot pool of water. There alone under a heavenly body of diamonds I soaked in the quiet hot water. To float weightlessly and take in the universe above you is always an emotional experience for me.
To be so insignificant less than a grain of sand in the cosmos puts my mind in a deep place. And that place  has always had an allure for me.

I am now going to make a batch of apple fritters. Old fashioned apple fritters just like my mother used to make, battered and fried and dusted with powder sugar. I am still working on those apples that were given to us from the farm folks. I have them stored in the garage fridge they will be gone shortly but they surely have been a lovely treat to have on hand.

Till tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment