Sunday, January 13, 2013

TACO NIGHT

Saturday.
Taco night! Yum is all I can say. I had two taco's and no sides. Hubby ate four and Mexican rice...... he was a hungry man.

It is so cold brrrrr, 20 degrees tonight. The hot tub had icicles all day hanging off the sides........weird. Hubby took a hot tub late afternoon before dinner. When he came in we played games for a while before I fixed dinner. It was a fun relaxing day.

I went to the store first thing this morning. As I did not want a lot of folks out and about with the flu epidemic.  I could not believe the amount of people out and about coughing, blowing noses and sneezing. Please stay home if you are sick. They say this flu is so contagious that for instance someone can sneeze and the germs will fly six feet. Even if you are not there when  this happens if you walk through the area shortly after you will be exposed.
I am one of those that does not get a flu shot. Hubby did this year first time ever. I am just afraid I will have a reaction from it and I do not like putting things into my body that are not natural. There are fillers in the flu shot that make some folks very sick. I will take my chances and do everything I can to stay safe. We will not eat out for one thing during the duration of this epidemic. I use sanitizer the minute I get in my car before touching my steering wheel. I avoid close contact with people. Also I will only go out once a week early in the morning to do my grocery shopping.
The paper stated that workers are the worse offenders because they do not stay home when sick with the flu. They continue to work at their jobs and spread it everywhere among other workers and shoppers. For youngsters, seniors  folks that have health issues, this flu could be a death warrant.
Well enough doom and gloom.

Tomorrow I am fixing artichoke Parmesan ravioli's in vodka sauce with a fresh baked baguette. Just a simple little meal as I picked up the ravioli's at a  gourmet shop and they are already made.


There is no more news so I will say good-bye for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment