Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NEW YEARS EVE HOUSE


Posted by PicasaThis was the scene last night before our guests arrived. This morning was another picture. I just spent a hour hour vacuuming up crumbs from everywhere. What did we do? Have a crouton fight......one wonders.
The chowder was so good and I made homemade croutons at the last minute to go with Liz's cesar salad as she had forgotten them.

Guess how late I stayed up? Would you believe I stayed up until two Am. Astounding. My hubby and brother-in-law hung in there also and we three watched the ball drop and then some. However my sister in law was fast asleep snoring on the sofa long before the bell tolled. Yes snoring. She would not like I shared that fact....bad me.

Hubby and I slipped out of our warm nest this morning at ten........hello ten! I have not done that for years. I feel a little out of kilter do to different hours but no worse for wear. I kept my drinking to a decent level. Only two glasses of champagne and then sipped slowly on a couple glasses of a bright flowery Chardonnay with ice. I finished the evening off with several big glasses of ice water.

We have the perfect amount of chowder and bread for a repeat tonight. We did not eat our puddings our guests loved theirs. So we have ours to look forward this evening also.

Now what will the New Year hold for us. We were timid this morning when we unfolded the newspaper to see if we went over the fiscal cliff. Seems all will be OK.....we are thankful for that.
We are anticipating a busy year work wise for hubby. We are anxious to do a few updates in our home as the money comes in.
I am going to get back on my walking routine starting today. Cold, rain, fog, snow and sleet will find me out there trudging through it all. It has been too easy for me of late to stay in the warm house and my body shows it.
Also I want to always be thankful and appreciative for what I do have in this lifetime. The most important being the love of my husband, children, family and friends. Having a home and food on the table. These are or should be the basic's of life but so many go without and that is very sad.

Now I am going to peek in fridge to see what I can have for lunch. The fridge seems to be bulging at this point so I surely will find some tasty morsel.

Have a wonderful first day of 2013. Give thanks for all you have and chart a course of goodness and love for the new year.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment