Saturday, January 19, 2013

THOUGHTS

I titled this post thoughts for a reason. As there is nothing going on in our life right now except thoughts it seems.
We have been thinking about some little adventures later this year or next when the weather is suitable. Talking about perhaps a trip to Nashville Tenn for a week. We think it would be a fun place to go and listen to music in the out of the way cafe's etc. We could eat some good southern food and check the area out. We have not done anything like that for some time. We think it would be a fun trip.
Another trip we have been talking about for years is an Alaska cruise. We are not wanting to take a tropical cruise as we have been to a number of islands over the years and want to do something different. As we can board a cruise ship in Seattle it seems a feasible thing to do without much effort. So we have been having thoughts!
I suppose these grim winter days bring on such thoughts. One has to think of something to make the day brighter at least in spirit.
Yes we are still in gray today. I have lost count of how many days now in a row we have had this fog.
I have not been walking as it is just so bitter. I know I said I would walk every day regardless of the weather but easier said than done. The air is like a frozen stone.

I am reorganizing my book cases today. I am overloaded with books so I need to sort and take some books to the thrift store. I am also removing some family photos and such that sit atop my bookcases and will use that area for books also.

I finished a great book a couple of days ago as you know. The book I am reading now is wonderful in it's own right. It is called "The School of Essential Ingredients". by Erica Bauermeister. This is her first book but there will be more this woman knows how to write! She lives in Seattle and this book is set in the northwest. It is a book about cooking and allowing the sensuality of preparing a meal full of textures and spices and ingredients seep into your being. I have never read a book  like this and I love it! It takes your mind a step farther into the process of cooking.

I am now going to work on my books in those overloaded cases.
Have a nice Saturday. Perhaps cook up something divine and be in the moment of the whole process. You will be surprised how remarkable that experience can be.
I think I am going to bake something this afternoon and take in each step slowly and savor it just like meditation 
Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment