Monday, January 7, 2013

HUNGRY FOR TACO'S


Posted by PicasaI am thinking taco's. My tummy is better and on the way to well. Yeah. Today I have been watching what I eat. I have had a can of chicken noodle soup and some soda crackers so far. For dinner tonight I am just having some red potatoes and a small amount of gravy and a serving of a veggie. No wine for a few days. So you wonder why I am thinking of taco's does not take Einstein to figure that one out!

I am making roasted lemon chicken tomorrow evening and with the leftovers the following night I will make chicken taco's.
Lemon Chicken as you probably know is just roasted chicken with lemons inside the cavity. Salt and pepper the chicken inside and out. Take three lemons and wash them and roll them to soften them and then with a tooth pick poke holes all around into the lemon and put them inside the chicken. Then truss your chicken closed but not totally tight as the chicken may burst so leave a gap. Put the chicken in a roasting pan breast side down uncovered in a 350 degree's after 30 minutes turn the chicken, try not to puncture the skin but if you it does not really matter. Roast for another 30 minutes then increase the heat to 400 degree's and bake another 20 minutes.Plan on 20-30 minutes roasting time per pound. I use an instant read thermometer so I know it is always done.
Bring the chicken to the table whole for presentation and leave the lemons in while craving. The lemon juice will run all over the platter. Good stuff. Simple and lemony. To the side I will have roasted cauliflower with olive oil and a romaine salad. So a light dinner for us tomorrow evening. And taco's the next night...yummy.

Hubby just went to the hot tub. I declined. It is not raining out it is gray and cold and I am not in the mood for a soak.

No one sent us a 2013 calendar this year. Usually the companies we buy our products from or even the local garbage or power company send a calendar. So for the first time ever I going to buy one. Seems so strange as I have never done that. I know things are lean for businesses at this time so that is probably the reason.

I went and bought six books today that should last me about six weeks I suppose. I bought four with authors I am not familiar with though they all write national best sellers. So it will be a experience for me to see if I like their writing styles. I started one this afternoon. It is guaranteed to be a page turner thriller of sorts. I will see. I am more inclined to read women authors more often than men. I so like the sensitivity and warmth that a woman brings to the story unlike most men.

I worked in the office this afternoon and now all is tidy. That file cabinet gets in such disarray in a short time. I blame that partly on my hubby as he is always searching for something and then after he is finished  it does not get back in the proper file. It is an ongoing thing I just deal with.

Well the four pm bell just tolled. Tea time! I will sit and sip a hot cup of tea in my comfy chair before starting dinner.
Just another blah winter Monday I hope I have not put  you to sleep.
That's all folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment