Tuesday, January 22, 2013

RECIPE FOR STIR FRY CHICKEN PAPRIKA

This dish was so delish!
Here is the recipe.

STIR FRY CHICKEN PAPRIKA
1 pound boneless chicken breasts sliced across the grain 1/4 inch thick.
2 tablespoons of dry sherry(I used dry white wine)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil(I used olive oil)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 onion sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 red bell pepper cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf italian parsley

In a medium bowl combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon sherry or wine, garlic, 2 teaspoons cornstarch and salt and pepper.
In a smaller bowl combine the chicken broth, remainder of sherry and 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch stir until dissolved.
Heat a flat bottomed wok or pan that will generate hot heat and add half of the oil
(Best not use a coated pan as you will need to scrap up the goodies off the pan with a metal spatula.)
Add the chicken mixture in a single layer and cook for a minute or so then using the metal spatula stir fry until the chicken begins to brown then transfer to a plate.
Lower the heat to medium and swirl the remaining oil in (I scrapped the pan here to get what remained off the bottom.) Add the peppers and onions and stir fry till softened. Add the paprika and chicken with any juices back into the pan add the broth mixture and stir scrapping up any tidbits clinging to the pan for about two minutes until all is well blended and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the sour cream and fresh parsley and serve over noodles.

This recipe sounds kind of complicated I posted it the way it is in the magazine  When I was making it however I added my own short cuts instead of making so many steps out of it. It turned out perfect making it my way.
I sometimes follow a recipe only to a certain point and then just do what I like. I call it creative cooking.

This dish was so flavorful and it had a little heat also though I am not sure where that came from actually. Serving it over noodles that had lots of butter and lemon and also some parsley made the dish even tastier as it was layers of flavor.
We loved it.

My hubby is back to work today after a slow first part of the month. Now he is working non stop for a while and has two more bids this week. January is always our slowest month for our business.It will be nice now to have the house to myself during the day. I do always miss him however when I am used to having him here. Seems lonely at first but then........I say to myself "Ah it is nice to have my space".

I have much to do these next three days before my daughter arrives. I love having a sparkling clean house and will make some appetizers ahead for her arrival.
Friday evening I am making that heavenly cauliflower soup for her as she has always been a soup gal. I will heat up a couple sourdough baguettes to go with. Then of course a delightful cupcake for desert.
Saturday the two of us will go to lunch as hubby will be working. I suggested we go to the Lucky Noodle in downtown Eugene. A very good restaurant specializing in all things noodle. The decor is very contemporary but still it maintains a warmth and coziness.
There are few specialty shops in that area we can visit. There is amazing kitchen store I so love to browse through. It will be a fun little afternoon for us. Then home to talk and talk sip some champagne and perhaps take a hot tub if the weather allows.

We are to have rain coming in this evening and you know I am happy about that. As we have had no sun just fog and cold so a break in the weather is welcomed.

This is a long post.....sorry. Recipes do take time to write out and some like this one are quite long.

So I will now start on my to-do's for the day of which there are several.
It will be a busy week I like that!







No comments:

Post a Comment