Friday, January 18, 2013

TACO'S TONIGHT


Posted by PicasaWe are hungry for taco's tonight. This is a photo I took of some pork verde taco's I made previously. Tonight our taco's will be ground beef as that is what I have on hand. Into them will be the usual toppers. Shredded lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, onions and cheese.
My husband is making a batch of tomatilla sauce today. We love that green fresh tasting sauce so that will be my sauce on my taco as well as on a side of rice and red beans.

I just had a pretty hardy breakfast/lunch combo for me. I gobbled down the half of baked pork chop I did not eat last evening as well as a small dish of homemade applesauce. So I will be content till taco time this evening.

Life with fog!!!!!!!! Oh we are so tired of this low hanging gray blanket. The hard part is knowing that just a small way above this  dense cover there is sun and warmth. If we were to go a ways on either pass out of this city we would be in the sunshine. 


We are painting one of our bathrooms this weekend. Tomorrow I will start the prep work and we will paint on Sunday.
I have had a hard time determining what color I want for this room. The floors are neutral large tiles, the counters are lovely in ceramic grained Mexican style tiles in neutral variations with a husky bullnose edging.
I have decided to go with a medium value canyon color. I just want to set a nice backdrop for some colorful thick bath rugs in a sea blue/green. 


For those of you still on a weekly work schedule today is your TGIF. Rejoice and be happy! All the years I was in the design field working I never had a Monday through Friday schedule. I sometimes had split days
off(nasty)or most likely I had Sunday and Monday. At least I could have one weekend day off to get together with family and friends that had weekends off. Seems so long ago that working gal life of mine however I have only been retired for eight years. Time sure flies when you get older.

I surely hope where you are that you are not trapped in grips of fog.

On a footnote for those of you that follow my blog daily. You are probably wondering why we are having taco's when I stated yesterday we were having wonderful fresh ling cod today. Well hubby went to get the fish and it did not come in as promised so we had to adapt. So taco's it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment