Saturday, January 5, 2013

MISSING THE COAST


Posted by PicasaI am thinking I am a little lonely for the coast.
We have not been for well over a year which is out of character for us.
Hubby and I will talk and see if it may be possible to go in the very near future. His work always comes first and it has to be that way for us.

We are back to gray and wet today. Though it rained during the night as the streets were wet but it has not rained today as yet.
It was so nice having that splendid day yesterday and last evening. 

I am making the Senate bean today. This soup has been a mainstay for the Senate dining room since the onset of 20th century. It is basically no different than my navy bean soup except for the addition of mashed potato. I will let you know how you turns out if it is a winner or a loser in our household.

Mu husband is snuggled down on the sofa watching football it is quiet in our home today there is not much activity. That suits me just fine. I like quiet days.
I have been reading off and on today as I go about my house chores. 
I stripped our bed and remade it so all is clean and fresh. I am down to one contour sheet that fits our huge deep mattress so a priority this coming week is new sheets. I like to go to Ross for this type of thing. Their prices are very good on quality bedding. Think I have mentioned that fact before.

I bought the cutest small size table lamp the other day for my living room. It is just perfect size and color. A bronzed dark brown base in swirls with a unique shaped shade in red and gold stripes. I have placed it  on my old 1910 antique sewing machine in the corner of the room. I adore little lamps they throw such a cozy light with a 40 watt bulb in them. I have several placed throughout my home.
I suppose I am obsessed with coziness. I always have been. Not only in my own home but in eateries etc. I always search out cozy intimate places. When I go into homes with overhead lights glaring I am automatically ill at ease and it is the same with load noises. Put the two together and I am ready to flee out the door. It probably is a disease but it is the way I am. I always one to seek out quiet and cozy.
Perhaps that is why I am cat person instead of a dog person. I just cannot abide by the racket.

Well my dryer is being obnoxious now this the second time it has beeped at me. How dare it? Well I had better answer the call and finish my chores for the day.
Bye for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment