Monday, January 21, 2013

STIR FRIED CHICKEN PAPRIKA WITH BUTTERED NOODLES

I am making a new recipe this evening. It truly does look like a mouth full of pleasure. 
I am craving something creamy and flavorful tonight.  My side dish will be a nice accompaniment of buttered egg noodles with fresh parsley, lemon juice and of course lots of butter some salt and pepper. The contrasting flavors of each dish should make for a nice compatibility in ones mouth.
If the meal is a success tomorrow's blog will include the stir fried chicken paprika recipe.

I was disappointed today as I was going to make bread with my Kitchen-aid mixer. I was looking forward to watching it raise and smelling that yeasty  aroma from the oven while it baked. Sadly I forgot to buy yeast. I thought I still had a three pack in my pantry but was mistaken. So no bread baking for this gal on this old foggy cold day. Bad mistake.

I do have something to look forward to Thursday however. I am making raspberry filled white cupcakes with lemon frosting to have on hand while my daughter is here. Nothing says love more than a little treat like a gourmet cupcake. The frosting will be a rich butter cream with lemon zest and small amount of lemon juice. After the cupcakes are frosted I will zest a little extra peel over the tops for a bright bite.
I have a white cake recipe that is divine. It is as light as a feather, delicate and rich(lots of butter).
One has to be careful making cakes from scratch. If you over beat or put the mixer on a high speed the batter will become to dense and make for a compacted tough cake or worse yet one that will not even rise.
One needs to slowly beat air into to the batter and there is a method for doing that. Each step must be executed slowly and thoughtfully.
Something internal always told me to go easy on mixing up cake batter. Less is more. Once the ingredients are well incorporated quit mixing! As always eggs go in one at a time till blended in. A quick way to sift (as most folks do not take the time) is put your dry ingredients into a large bowl and use a whip by hand. Just circle through your dry ingredients until they are blended. And remember when baking you cannot fly by the seat of your pants. Your measurements must be perfect. Baking is a science, while cooking is an art.

My hubby just asked me if I would like to join him the hot tub. I think I will. We have bitter cold and fog so a hot soak will feel just fine.
So off I go!




No comments:

Post a Comment