Monday, January 14, 2013

READY FOR SPRING AND WINE COUNTRY......ALREADY!


Posted by PicasaYes I am ready for spring and our annual trip to wine country. Tired of winter already! Though that is probably not a good thing as it will be with us for a while yet. Fortunately here in this southern end of the Willamette Valley springs shoots forward in mid march. By the end of March the sprout is on!
We always have two events to look forward to in spring. Wine country(see photo) as it is the most beautiful then so lush and green and our annual trip to Reno. A road trip we have been taking for many years. We usually go around my birthday time(May 1st) and spend four to five nights in a luxurious suite at the Eldorado hotel so that alone makes it fun for us. We know all the good eateries and fours star restaurants after years of trying most every one. So only two more months till spring in the valley.........yes! Then later the little trips.

Today looks promising. Woke to a stone cold gray sky but now the sky is brightening slowly, but perhaps...........sun?  Oh that would be lovely. We are hoping for a drive out in the country between Junction City and Monroe area toward the west. It is pure countryside out there rambling hills and big sky country. A sunny day, a picnic lunch and the camera will make us two happy souls. Hubby wants to check out the Long Tom river and find some fishing holes for springtime. So a little day trip this week if the sun shows it face.

I am ashamed to say I am still sitting here in morning attire. I must shower, dress and get my day going it is already after ten.
Oh on a note, I am loving my new book I started a couple of days ago. It is set in Tuscany. A love story about two Americans that find one another in Italy and fall in love. I adore books that are set in Italy. This one in particular is very descriptive and also has little sayings in Italian with English under. Lovely. So I intend to spend sometime today reading but I must linger as I need to savor this book.

So I am off.....enjoy your Monday not the best day in the week but a day of your life regardless.



No comments:

Post a Comment