Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BIKING IN IRELAND


Posted by Picasa A gal pal of mine and her daughter and leaving tomorrow for Ireland on a biking holiday. Now how wonderful would that be? Time spent with your daughter peddling through the countryside and into little villages stopping at eateries and pubs. A fun Mum and daughter adventure for sure.

My adventure today is going a mile or so down the road to the first farm to buy more zucchini and peppers to make another batch of relish. As I will be seeing my daughter next week and possibly my son also I want to take them both some of this yummy relish. This time of year you appreciate it as it goes so great with anything grilled.
I will also check to see if the farm has their frozen berry mix as I want to make jam. I buy these bags every year consisting of marion berries, raspberries and blackberries. I have already made a small batch of frozen strawberry jam.

Soon summer will be replaced with fall and really I do not mind as autumn is another favorite of mine. I especially love an indian summer with summers heat still burning the edges of cooler fall days. The sky in fall is always the deepest blue of all the seasons and the evenings chill is a reminder of what is approaching.

I must walk now before the heat is up for the day.
The walks have been pleasant. It is quiet here in our area on week days. This morning early I listened to some angry crows squawking and carrying on something horrific. They are so intelligent it makes you wonder what is going on when you hear them so out of sorts.

Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment