Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OUR AFRICAN TREE IN THE BACKYARD


Posted by PicasaWell this not really a African species of tree. It is the result of trying to crop it. Actually hubby did a good job of cropping the tree after the wind battered it down last winter. but in this area where we live everything continues on with huge growth spurts so now we have this. I would imagine another winter storm will take the top off once more of this corkscrew willow tree. Regardless it is our conversation piece at the moment.


As you can see by the color of the sky it is another day of deep blue sky and it is cloudless today. A perfect summer day.
Hubby is working and gone from the house for many hours today so I am doing my own thing. Which is nothing lol. I needed a day of down time to regroup get my thoughts together for the remainder of the week. I have a list with things to accomplish over the next week or so.


In my kitchen this evening I am making a German meal. This meal was started with a recipe but then I did a recipe revamp which I do most always.


German style pork chops in sauce.
2 to 4 pork chops (bone in is best)
2 small or one large onion sliced thin
1/2 cup beef broth
2/3 cup beer
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper
flour for dredging
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
canola oil for frying


Salt and pepper the chops and dredge in flour
heat oil in large deep skillet and fry pork chops about three minutes or so each side till browned.
Remove from pan. Add onions to pan and pan cook till starting to brown. Add the beef broth and beer
Mix the mustard, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar together mix well and add to the broth in the pan.
Mix the cornstarch with either a little beef broth or beer( you will have some left of each) stir to blend. Add to the broth and blend well. Add the chops back in cover and simmer for about fifteen minutes until the pork chops are done.
That is it.
I served this last night with fried potatoes and cabbage to the side. Then we spooned the German sauce over the chops and the veggies. It was great! 
The sauce has a small tang if you want more just add more balsamic vinegar, if you prefer a sweeter taste add more brown sugar balance it by the Dijon.
enjoy!


I must head out now on my daily walk which I will admit of late it has not been to daily. The heat is coming up so must go now.
Ciao












No comments:

Post a Comment