Monday, August 13, 2012

OUR PEPPER PATCH


Posted by PicasaYes our pepper patch is coming along fine. We have lots. We planted several varieties. This heat of the past few days has really brought them on. Hubby is a happy man!
The tomatoes are doing well now also. They got such a slow start we have been hoping for the best. 

I have been busy today getting ready for my little trip to see my children. Even though they are only a little over a two hour drive away I do not see them as much as I would like. Life is just to busy for us all it seems.
The weather is going to be hot, hot!  I am happy they have air conditioning.
I am making a spinach and bacon quiche to take to my daughters. It has Swiss cheese and lots of cream in it. It is very good and rich. I thought it would be nice to have on hand for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even a  slice for a snack with white wine. I always like to take something when I go somewhere. I hear we are having a grill Thursday night and my grandson Seth and his girl friend will be there. That makes me happy I love seeing my grandson and I have not met his gal friend. I just do not see enough of my grandchildren either. I guess I am whining. But I do so enjoy all their company and love them to pieces.

I just stepped out on the deck a few moments ago to check the temperature. It is at 89 degree's. It feels plenty warm out there. It is nice on the deck though as part is sun and part is shade. So I usually bounce back and forth between the two. I can only tolerate the hot sun for so long then must get into the shade. That was not the case when I was younger. I was always a sun nut. It is almost what I lived for. I would race to get the house chores done so I get outside and tan. 
My niece Chris told me one time that she used to watch me when I was a teen and she was little girl living next door to us on the farm. I would come out of the house with an old quilt and spread it out by the water spigot facing the sun of course. I would smear myself with something greasy she said and spend the afternoon, turning this way and that reading True Story magazines. When I was thirsty I would grab the ladle hanging off the spigot and have a cold drink of water. She said I fascinated her. That warms my heart as she is no longer with us as she passed away three years ago this coming Thanksgiving. There is still a wound in my heart probably will always be.

Tonight we dine on chili dogs. What chili dogs? Did you think, that is gross? Well sometimes we crave a little junk food. I do buy National Hebrew wieners however. They are kosher with cleaner ingredients in them and have a very good flavor. We like our chili dogs with lots of sweet onion diced over the top and much grated cheese and hot sauce of course. Can't wait lol.

Well  I am off to clean the inside of my vehicle and do a few more things before my hot tired hubby walks through the door.

Hope you are having a nice day and managing to stay cool.
Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment