Thursday, August 9, 2012

STILL IN THE WORLD OF ZUCCHINI RELISH


Posted by PicasaYes I am still in the world of relish. I am working on my second batch now. Then will have one more to go. Then it is on to jam making. Then when the tomatoes all come on at once I will be sauce making.
It is a good morning to dice and shred however. It is  gray with low cloud cover rather dreary looking I must say. But I know the sun will shine later as seems to be the custom of late.

So today I stay home. I will have my walk shortly and intend to extend it today as I did yesterday.
Then when I return to the house I will get the relish going. Then clean my house and tend my garden, yard and deck. So I will fill the day as I always do.

I fixed a succulent pork roast yesterday in the slow cooker. I just seasoned simply with salt and pepper tossed in a few sliced garlic cloves and added a dash of apple cider. When I took the lid off the slow cooker hours later the meat was juicy and falling apart. I boiled a few yukon gold potatoes and made a rich pork gravy with the roast drippings and served fresh picked corn on the cob with honey butter. It was feast. An old fashioned meal like my Mother used to make many a evening.

Tomorrow I am going to lunch with Liz my sis in law. It will be nice to have a little outing. We are going to grab a bite of mexican food and then play a little Oregon lottery(maybe we will win a few bucks). A little afternoon adventure.
Hubby is still in a rat race at work. He was so tired this morning he was dragging. He never complains but I know him so well he does not need to say a word.

I will be off to my daughters next week for a few days. We are both looking forward to our get together. She has made some plans for us but mostly it will be time spent catching up and sitting in her private backyard staying cool.

We have been enjoying the Olympic's every evening since they started. We can catch up on our fave programs at a later date with the DVR. The Olympic's are here only so often.
It was fun last night watching Misty and Kerri win  yet another gold for sand volleyball. We love watching these very athletic gals which are such great friends and teammates. This will be the last time these gals will play together. Misty is retiring to spend time with her family.

The light is brighter through the office shades now so the sun must be making it's appearance so I had better get my walking gear on and get moving.

Have a nice Thursday you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment