Saturday, August 4, 2012

ZUCCHINI DUCK


Posted by PicasaI saw this online. How funny. A zucchini duck just perfect for the Oregon ducks it is even green! With a yellow tie around it's neck it would be perfect.
Today I am making my first batch of zucchini relish. A good day to start it. It does have to sit in the fridge overnight before I finish it tomorrow. I have the air conditioner going and really do not care to be outdoors much today. So a kitchen chore will keep me busy this afternoon in the cool house.


The folks across the street are still having their estate sale today thought everyone in the city showed up yesterday, seriously.
As I look out now cars are all along our wide street for a block or so also in front of our home and barely leaving room for us to get out of our drive if need be.  I just do not see the lure. They have one of these about once a month now. They must go buy others people junk and resale it..........I wish they would stop this.


It is to be near a hundred degree's today. Poor hubby is sanding a floor in this heat in a house that has no air conditioning. He will be a hot tired man this evening when he gets home.


I do not have much chatter today just wanted to post the green duckie. I will now go and start shredding zucchini, dicing peppers and onions. I also need to get jars and lids sterilized.
I think I will play some old forties music on Pandora while making the relish. The kind my Mom loved to listen to that I hated, you know Frankie and Dean Martin and such. But now it seems quite pleasant and old fashioned to me and reminds me of the olden days and of course my dear Mamma.


Have great Saturday and stay cool.









No comments:

Post a Comment