Thursday, August 2, 2012

My point of view "recipe redo"


Posted by PicasaI am sure most folks have watched "The next food network star". The one thing every contestant has to have going in is a pov as they call it. A point of view. The bias on which their series if they were to win would be based. 
If I were such a person my pov would be "recipe redo".
Every since I can recall probably the beginning of my cooking life in 1960 I have been taking recipes and making them but always with changes. Either I have deducted ingredients or added ingredients, or changed cooking time or what have you.
For some reason I have the ability of looking at a recipe and seeing instantly a way to improve it. 


I am a recipe clipperholic. I take about six magazines a month.  I go methodically through them first folding over pages of recipes that have potential or look interesting and then on a second or third time through tearing out the page and trimming it down as small as possible to go into my recipe folders. Before making it up for the first time I add the changes, make it up and usually 99% of the time it is a winner.
I have rarely disappointed myself or others making changes in recipes.  I can call them my own truly as usually there are several things I will do make a change. They just give me the idea.
So I can see the show now. Zo's recipe redo!
I would take a couple of recipes that I clipped from somewhere and show the changes that I made to make it even more wonderful. I could be another Sandra Lee with her Semi Homemade. Different pov but in the same vein.
Well it is a fun dream.


Well on that happy note I must get on with my day. Much to do today so no sense in dreaming about cooking shows!
Later.









No comments:

Post a Comment