Tuesday, August 7, 2012

THE BEACH


Posted by PicasaThe beach! I love the beach and it has been way to long since we have been and it is just an hours drive. Is life truly that busy? 
Our closest beach fix is Florence but we do love other parts of the Oregon coast as well.
We have spent many fun times at Yachats, Newport,
Lincoln City, Pacific City, Cannon Beach etc. All different coastal towns with their own unique appeal.
The summer is winding down and we have August full between work and fun and the first half of September is filled in.  So how can we fit the ocean in before the bad winter storms set in? I am going to have to work on that as it is in my mind to go.

It is a comfortable temperature here today. Hovering around 80 degree's. I have left the air conditioner off and I am letting the air from the screen doors and fans do the cooling. 

My sis-in-law called me a bit ago and told me she was bike riding and saw ripe blackberries just down the street from our house. She went back to her house and grabbed a pot and went back and picked it full. She was so excited. So we are going this weekend berry picking. I did not think they were on yet but seems they are. I love blackberry anything. But especially a juicy cobbler with a big rich scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. 

Tonight for our dinner I am making taco's. I have not made them for a month or so and you know hubby by this time. A taco fiend! I am preparing re fried beans to go with and that is it. He will easily eat five or six taco's he cannot stop!
I am just making them with ground beef this time something I never do but I had it in the freezer and figured we could manage it. I will dice some green and red pepper and onions and add to the meat and then sprinkle with cumin, pepper and salt. Add some jarred taco sauce and let it simmer until thickened and rich.
I have cojita cheese and jack cheese and cilantro, tomatoes and hot peppers for toppings.

It has been a busy day for me as I spent the first part doing errands and running around this city.
Now I am ready to relax in my old cozy red plaid chair and read my book until dinner prep time.

Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment