Sunday, August 12, 2012

BLACKBERRY PICKING DOWN THE STREET THIS MORNING.


Posted by PicasaMy sis in law Liz and I went berry picking this morning. Our dead end street has a nice bunch of vines that are loaded with plump berries. No one picks them so we were happy to fill our buckets.
So I had enough to make the Best in West Cobbler plus stick a bowl in the fridge for snacking. The cobbler is in the oven as I type. The house should starting smelling of  warm oozing berries and crispy crust soon:)

I was an early bird this morning. After hubby went out the door to the job site I watered the lawns, put Miracle Grow on the garden veggies and took care of my plants. Tidy'd the house, did some laundry and went berry picking and made the cobbler. It is one pm now and when I finish here I am on to other projects. I want to accomplish much today.

I leave for my daughters sometime on Wednesday. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with her. I talked to my son this morning and I will be seeing him for a short but sweet visit. The weather is still going to be hot while I am there. So daughter and I will lounge around the pool. I always love saying that. Considering the pool is a kiddie pool. But still I am not telling a fib. Really it is quite refreshing to sit with ones feet in the cold water, or better yet put a sand chair in the pool!

I for one will be happy with the election is over. I am so tired of the trash talking. Enough already. That was not how elections were run when I was a young person. The concern of the public was to hear the issues and what bills and programs would be initiated if your candidate won. What is going on now is no better than gossip in the high school hallways. Be adults and state your causes and quit the back talking!

Closing ceremonies for the Olympics this evening. We will watch and I am happy to say they are ending. We have been faithful watching every evening as we do like them. But now we need to get back to our regular viewing schedule we are so behind on everything.

Well this was a nice reprieve in the middle of my day. So now back to work for me. Usually on a Sunday I am self indulgent but not today!
Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment