Tuesday, August 21, 2012

YUMMY TART AT DAUGHTERS HOUSE


Posted by PicasaWhat a tart! What a visit! What a family!

Let the good times roll. What a amazing time I had at my daughters home.
We were busy doing fun things, out for lunches a little shopping a little gambling. And lots of backyard time sitting with our feet in the small pool  to keep the 103 degree heat at bay. Glad for the shady gazebo and shady parts of the deck and most of all the air conditioned house.
I also saw my grandson and met his gal friend and visited with my son. I meet two of my daughters fiancee's children and spent a lot of quality time with my youngest granddaughter. So to me the trip was filled with family and happiness.

I was very tired when I returned home. Too much of everything wore me into a frazzle but a happy frazzle. 
The good thing about coming home is coming home to my loving husband. We do miss each other even if it is just a few days.
He got home early the day I arrived back home and we spent the afternoon catching up. We sat on our small private back deck and drank spritzers. They were so refreshing in the heat. We grilled steaks later and had sides of potato and peppers baked in foil pouches on the grill and sweet juicy corn on the cob. A very nice homecoming indeed.

I have been catching up on house chores. The washer is humming away as I type. In the past two days I have cleaned the kitchen and family room hardwood floors, gave the furniture a quick waxing. I have cleaned the deck, tended plants and the garden, caught up in the office and grocery shopped. After I post this I will finish what needs doing. 
However there will be time later today to sit in my now clean living room and read my current book. I have not touched it for almost a week so I am more than ready to start turning pages.

Tonight in Zo's Kitchen I am making linguine with the last of my roasted garlic tomato sauce from last years tomatoes. To that I am adding grilled mild Italian sausage pieces, farm peppers and onions.
A romaine salad with Cesar dressing and freshly made Parmesan croutons with creamy Italian dressing will round out the meal.   

I leave you with this thought.

If you have not seen your family for a while make an effort to get together. Put family first, be kind, be respectful of one another and most importantly give a heart full of love. It is so worth it!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment