Wednesday, October 31, 2012

MAKING BREAD


Posted by PicasaI have been in the mood to make bread. Now I usually make bread by kneading the dough by hand but I may use my Kitchenaid stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. So I saw these photo's as well as others online and printed out the recipe for just basic white bread. But I am going to make cinnamon rolls with the dough.  I have much to do yet today so it may have to wait until Friday as tomorrow is my grocery shopping day. I will be home all day Friday and making cinnamon rolls sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon. I had better not overindulge however or I will not get into my new skinny jeans!

We had an amazing meal last night though I believe I had every pot, pan and utensil in use. What a mess. I made sweet and sour chicken in a pineapple, pepper sauce over rice. Egg foo young patties filled with an array of ingredients smothered in a tangy brown sauce. There was much chopping and saucing, hubby said, when are you going to be through in the kitchen. Tonight we get to have leftovers though so no cooking this evening.

We had drizzly rain this morning but it seems to have stopped. It may come back before the little munchkins come out in force tonight for Halloween.

I am listening to new age piano solo's on Pandora radio while I type. I play music like this also on my big old upright piano. This type of music just puts me in a comforting place almost like a trance. So I would think it would be good for your overall being. I especially love it while writing like now or reading.
Speaking of reading I just finished a book. Mostly it was about the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong in the forties during the war. About those that were interned and what the conditions were like in those prisons. Also about how those on the outside that had connections were  making themselves useful to the Japanese to help their own causes. Anyhow quite an interesting and compelling novel. Now onto something of an entirely nature. Everyone who does not should read. You learn so much and the stories just transport you to a different time and space. Places you could not go in real life, people you would never met, adventures you would never have unless you read books. My parents and grandmother were avid readers and encouraged me as a very young child to love and enjoy books. I slept with my nursery rhyme books and Mother Goose books as a toddler. I preferred them over stuffed toys. 

I am making up my weekly menu once again. I know one thing for sure we having a slow cooker stew or soup again. I am thinking of making a kielbasa german soup it looks really good with sauerkraut and red potatoes and onions and the like. I will pick up some crunchy bread for dunking. We just love soups this time of year.

My afternoon is hanging over my head and I must get on with it. I am deep cleaning our bathroom ugh, the shower always takes me so long. I really dislike cleaning bathrooms but like clean bathrooms and I do not have a maid so today is the day. Darn........:(
I think I shall start the project right now so after I am through I can open the cover on my new read and spend what is left of the day in my chair nose in book until hubby walks through the door.

My daughter is high in the sky as I write this. I missed her call to me from Utah she had a two hour layover in Salt Lake. I just did not hear the phone I was doing laundry in the rear of the house. I thought she would call on my cell not the house phone. I had my cell in my pocket. Anyhow by the time I saw the message light flashing she had already boarded and was up in the sky once again off to Kansas City Mo. She will be picked up there by her son in law and driven to Topeka to spend five days with her daughter and family.  

Well rubber gloves where are you? Off I begrudgingly go.


No comments:

Post a Comment