Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING

This salad dressing recipe comes hot off the press from Food Network magazine. This months issue has a salad dressing booklet with a basic vinaigrette then has 50 variations of that basic recipe.
The creamy balsamic is so good we really enjoyed it last night for something different.
This is not a pretty dressing as balsamic is dark brown so the color of the dressing looks like pork gravy but do not let that deter you. This little recipe hits your palette with a bright acidic flavor but is soon mellowed by the olive oil and sugar.  Try this recipe.

CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING.
Whisk two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper to taste. Then add a 1/2 cup of olive oil gradually whisking in slowly. Then whisk in  2 tablespoons mayonnaise and a 1/2 teaspoon each minced garlic and sugar.
Mix well and enjoy!

So we enjoyed our dinner last night of a crunchy green leaf lettuce salad loaded with veggies and this good dressing. A nice accompaniment to the creamy mac and cheese. 
Tonight we are having soup. I will use a chicken thigh base and add vegetables and rice. I am going to make a batch of buttermilk biscuits to go with. Yum!
I am also baking today. There is a cake I want to try. You bake it in a bundt pan or two 9" cake pans. I am going to use the bundt. It is a fresh orange cream cake. Sounds light and lovely. It is topped with a orange glaze and edible flowers(I will skip on the flowers). As we have a huge bag of sweet oranges in the fridge it will be a good way to use a few. The recipe calls for five. So my fun event this afternoon will be making that cake for us to enjoy.

Today the washer and dryer will be moved back into the laundry. So it is a laundering day for me. That is fine with me as the sky is gray and dim today with rain coming in later. So a day indoors.

We played gin rummy again last evening. This game is addicting. I blistered my hubby's you know what!!! And so it goes back and forth.........fun.

Talk to a crow today, I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment