Monday, March 18, 2013

WINE COUNTRY


Posted by PicasaIt is almost that time of year again. Wine country awaits! This photo was taken at King Estate two years ago. It was early spring if I recall as the patio was not yet set up. We took a picnic lunch along that we enjoyed at the winery across the way. As it was an early spring day the countryside was green and lush. The entire drive from Eugene is really a feast for the eyes. Hills and dales distant snow cap mountains. The curvy paved road takes you past mom and pop farms, small communities and of course vineyards.
So the yearning starts about this time of year for our yearly little drive to wine country.

It is a beauty here today though it is cold. I was surprised when I stepped out the back door as the air is sharp.

Our dinner last night was yummy. Tonight we are going veggie all the way. I am making large green salad with an assortment of vegetables with a light Italian dressing to the side. My husband is in the mood for mac and cheese so I will make a small pot of that. I like to use to three kinds of cheese but only have two on hand so a two cheese mac and cheese it will be.

As I type hubby is painting the laundry room. We are anxious to get everything moved back in.
Loved playing gin rummy yesterday....it was a close back and forth game. My honey took a big lead and I gradually worked my way up in points as he lost points but the end result was I lost!

I must get to my chores now and leave the computer. Sometimes time just goes by so quickly when you are on the computer. 

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment