Wednesday, March 20, 2013

STREET SCENE PLUM TREES


Posted by PicasaThis is the scene this time of year. All the plum trees have bloomed out in the past week. They have gotten a good battering from the wind and rain but they are holding up well.
The day today goes from bright to dark, from dark to bright and repeated. As I was puttering in the kitchen it was raining on the back deck and in the front it was sunny no rain. Only in Oregon!

I had good intentions of the making the orange cream cake yesterday but my daughter called just as I setting out the ingredients and we chatted for over an hour. I lost my window of time for cake baking. So as I type now it is baking in the oven. Oh, it smells divine and even the batter looked yummy,thick creamy yellow. It calls for a whole cup of fresh squeezed orange juice. Also there is one cup of fresh squeezed juice in the glaze. Mmn cannot wait.

I do not have much to chat about today. We are just having leftover chicken rice soup for dinner with leftover biscuits. So the same  dinner tonight. My hubby loves that, when he likes something two nights repeated is fine with him. The soup was quite rich as the rice makes for a stoup as RR calls it. Not quite a stew and to thick for soup. So a good call on her part. Rachael is really a character.

As it is windy today I am going to leave you with this quote from Stephen King.
"The wind makes you ache in some place that is deeper than your bones. It may be that it touches something old in the human soul."

I like that. It is from his book Salem's Lot.
Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment